“Unique in Malta”

Ranked #2 of 192 Restaurants in Sliema
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Mint is a waterfront cafe specializing in seasonally fresh homemade food. We offer certain dietary requirements along with healthy salads, tempting cakes,savoury items, fresh juices and smoothies, all made here in the Mint kitchen. At Mint we believe homemade is always best so we welcome you to share our passion for good food!
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Being from the UK, I'm used to little 'health food' type cafes like this. So nice to find one in Malta. The food is a bit hit and a miss; I had an excellent Brownie but I've had a runny Pannacotta and a cheesecake with a very chewy layer of fruit on top (too much gelatine). Portions are generous, staff friendly and I like the Skinnycino. I keep going here, only annoyance being some arrogant Sliema-ites who hang out here and talk far too loudly.

There are newer reviews for Mint

Reviewed October 27, 2012

Good value, interesting tasty food. Nice location and would eat there again.
Good value, interesting tasty food. Nice location and would eat there again.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

After waiting in line to order with 4 other people, a group of Maltese pushed into the front and began placing their order first. When we asked the cashier why that happened she just kept speaking in Maltese with the other people. Will never return, another place that does not care about expats or tourists...always serving Maltese first regardless of how long you have waited.

3  Thank Rick C
Reviewed October 24, 2012

A NZ run cafe along the seafront in Sliema. The coffee is better than most but nothing special, they simply offer a better range of espresso based drinks. Cakes and sweet things are quite good but pricey. I didn't get to try the savoury section but the sandwiches and wraps looked great.

I can see the appeal; it's colourful and informal; staff on each visit were chatty and friendly. It became my regular venue for that all important first coffee of the day.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

There is very little bad to be said about mint, aside from it's a little bit more expensive than other places. But when you consider the quality of the food and drink in comparison to other places, it's well worth it. The cakes/buns/muffins etc are extremely tasty. As are the lunch options. Friendly service too, so I'll keep going back unless I find somewhere better, which I highly doubt.