“Perfect lunch spot”

Toffee & Co
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Rabat
Cuisines: Wine Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: This is more of a little coffee shop / deli. It sells alcohol as well as cakes and sells packaged food to take away. I wanted to tell everyone to visit here, as it's lovely and we made friends with the ownsers
England
“Perfect lunch spot”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Toffee & Co provides simple, tasty lunches in an attractive atmosphere. My partner enjoyed his sandwich, while I had the chicken arancini; a bonus was that each came with a free drink. The cakes were tempting, but we were already full. The woman serving us (one of the owners?) was very pleasant and friendly, too. A perfect place for an inexpensive, tasty lunch while in Rabat.

• Polish first
Rabat, Malta
“A Hidden Gem”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

This cafe' is in one of those narrow streets that only Rabat can offer. Although it is quite cheap, the quality offered is exceptionally high. Coffee and pastry are a must and as a result, my partner and are frequent visitors. Owners are a nice couple too which compliment to the nice atmosphere. Do go, really.

London, United Kingdom
“Hidden gem”
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

We decided to seek this place out for a spot of lunch on our way through Rabat. It was near on impossible to find as those gorgeous tiny streets are difficult to negotiate. When we did find it we were pleasantly surprised. The sandwiches or ftiras are enormous and apparently the cakes delicious (although we had no more room for them). What makes this place stand out is the absolutely delightful couple who own it. They are 'one of a kind' and very special. The unusual name of the place is due to their son who named the restaurant after their cat! Brilliant and so quirky. Please please go.

Galashiels, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Back again for a second visit on the bus to go for ice cream”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Well by hook or by crook i knew i had to return to the lovely delights of the Toffee & Co. This owner is so personable she even know me by my last review.

Well let me add this Toffee and Co are bigger and better choice wise with "to die for" ice cream it was worth the 2hr bus ride to Rabat to go see this lovely woman again.

Her daughter was also there taking great delight in trying to help us bless her.

I have said it before and i will say it again "The owner is a pure delight" if you are going to see the Silent City of Medina then cross the road at the car park and you will see a lovely souvenir shop walk up the lane beside it and ask a local please show me when Toffee and Co is its one little street and you will kick yourself for missing this little gem

• Visited July 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Death by chocolate :)”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I was amazed at the experience I had thus far at Toffee & Co ranging from the food, the price and the customer service.

In contrast to the surrounding cafes, it was nice to see that good old fashioned customer service still existed in Rabat as my experience in other places locally did not endear me to Rabat at all.

Their special 1 Euro offers were very good value for money as well as their free drink for cakes or snacks purchased which quenched the thirst caused by the Maltese sun.

I must admit that they made me feel very welcome despite the fact that I was a stranger from a foreign land and I felt they treated me more like an old friend they have not seen in a long time instead of a customer.

This meant that I found myself going there on a daily basis, several times a day as the atmosphere was comfortable, their selection of food was great and there was free WiFi for customers. Their cake selection was wide and the passion cake was my favourite. It is the one I wholeheartedly recommend. If you want "death by chocolate", try the Chocolate Bonanza... it is indulgence in its purest form.

There is a lot more I can write about this cafe however I think I will leave you to explore its many hidden delights yourself as like a good movie, I do not want to give you a spoiler.

• Visited July 2013