“Slow service”

Point de Vue Guest House and Restaurants
Ranked #24 of 63 Restaurants in Rabat
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Point de Vue is just 100 metres outside the historic fortification walls of Mdina, a World Heritage Site. Mdina, also known as the Silent City, welcomes tourists with an interest in the culture and history of Malta and has undergone careful and painstaking restoration works to give its visitors a taste of its former glory. However, Point de Vue caters for guests with both a cultural interest as well as those who prefer the less busy areas of Malta. The surrounding countryside of Rabat, the nearby cliffs in Dingli and Buskett will definitely provide many amazing walks and hikes. Point de Vue offers the possibility to use Mdina, a prime Malta landmark as their base for visiting the islands. Good value-for-money in terms of accommodation, spectacular views and a truly welcoming experience awaits you.
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Nice food - but not worth the wait - we were disappointed with the very slow service at Point de Vue.

1  Thank zumayla

Reviewed January 1, 2013

I went to the Point De Vue with my family for New Year day lunch, this wasn't our first time, and every-time the food was excellent and cooked perfectly to the my desire, example if I want the meat medium rare, it is medium rare, if medium ,medium and if well done it is well done but not burned. The service is very good although New year Day lunch took us 1hour for the starter and another 1 for the main course, but normally we don't wait so much. The price is reasonable consider the portion, the taste and the presentation. The staff Very helpfully and polite. Yes I will go another time definitely. The free wi-fi lacks a bit in some areas inside, with a repeater they could reach all the restaurant area.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

Not our first visit, a good place to lunch whilst in Rabat, portions generous and well prepared. Outside tables available, but this restaurant is a good all year option

Reviewed November 5, 2012

The food at the Point de vue is great. The owner is from South Africa and the dishes are obviosly from his homeland. Takes a liitle time to be served but worth waiting for. Always seems too crowded to me as they do cram diners in but, all in all, a good place to eat.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

My parents (pensioners)took my finance and myself to this restaurant.
It took 70 minutes for the food to arrive.We were very disappointed with the gristly horrible steaks.One could tell that the meat was frozen and defrosted in the microwave!
The pizza my finance had was awfully dry and the oil on the table turned out to be anything but olive oil.
They seem to think that they can make the plate look nice buy overflowing it with potato wedges.
Cheap ketchup and mayonnaise in plastic commercially labeled horrible ugly bottles!
We are locals,from Mata,that live in the area that will never go to this restaurant ever again.
Such a shame for my poor ole' parents,in their 70's,that tried to impress us.

3  Thank Adamguitarist