“Tiny but characterful.”
Review of Chalk Cafe & Wine

Chalk Cafe & Wine
Ranked #18 of 69 Restaurants in Rabat
Reviewed May 27, 2019

This is one of the small cafes which lie along the route from the centre of Rabat to the bus terminus, so very handily situated.

It's small - well, let's be honest, it's TINY! - with two little tables downstairs and a few upstairs including one on the balcony. But it has character in bucketloads.

We were there for coffee and cake. The coffee was nice. The cake was nice. What more could you want? Oh, and the chap on duty was very pleasant and friendly.

Date of visit: May 2019
Freedom49493623110, Owner at Chalk Cafe & Wine, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2019

Thanks so much for your comment!!
Glad you enjoyed your time at our tiny cafe

Reviewed April 11, 2019 via mobile

Stopped for a quick coffee in this cafeteria. Old renovated place with a very small room .just two squeezed tables and a staircase for some more few tables upstairs. Serves some local bread and pastries too. Had a carrot cake and was nice. Good espresso and cappucino. See you again.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed March 30, 2019

Visited again this year Once again excellent service and reasonable prices. Unfortunetly no pies this time just cakes and swandwiches which were both excellent and enjoyable

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed January 11, 2019 via mobile

Very cozy place. We had pudina - traditional maltese bread pudding. Very interesting dessert and so delicious!Coffee and tea were also great!

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed December 22, 2018

We were visiting Rabat for the Christmas market and noticed this little place due to it charming and inviting exterior. It looked fresh and clean and had a lovely little balcony upstairs. On entry the lady serving was pleasant and she also offered to carry the cake and drinks upstairs for us as the stairs were a bit difficult and my mother has mobility issues. For anyone who walks with an aid or is unsteady on their feet I wouldn't recommend attempting them. We couldn't actually sit on the balcony as it had too many flies hovering around that day. However the cake and drinks were adequate. On leaving I asked for the ladies toilet and this is where the cafe's standards plummeted dramatically. It was down a very dangerous stair which I didn't think I would make it down. There was one toilet that you had to pull a expandable pleated door across and it was far from clean. Its one of the worst toilets I've ever seen in a place and I don't know how it has passed any regulations. I was horrified at it and it would definitely put me off ever returning. Because of that I cannot recommend the cafe. It's an issue that seriously needs addressing

Date of visit: December 2018