Only a couple of hundred metres from the main gate into Medina with free public car park in front of hotel (parking attendant will expect a small 'tip' €1-2).
To be honest the hotel needs a complete refurb as the rooms are old and tired with metal doors and suspended ceilings that you would expect to see in a 1970's office building! Would recommend you pay the extra for air con as stifling hot in late June. That said, for the location and reasonable price it was well worth the stay - we used the hotel twice - a week apart. Stayed in 2 different rooms - room 3 very large with a double and 2 twin beds with en-suite. Room 3 with double bed, shower and basin - strangely toilet is across hall - although private as you have the key! Both rooms have a great view over the island towards Valletta. The only other hotel in Mdina is £300 + per night... Staff all seemed quite helpful - if maybe a little slow in the cafe out front. Breakfast was a good selection. Would stay again if only for the location. Didn't use restaurant so cannot comment. 'Very good' rating given for location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Point de Vue is a small, family run guest house dating back to the 17th century. Located just outside the fortified city of Mdina, Malta's Silent City and its old capital and now a World Heritage site. Recently renovated and under new Management (December 2013), the Point de Vue Guest House boast a number of rooms, some with breath taking views of almost half of the island of Malta. Facilities include: English Breakfast Ensuite Bathroom Cable TV Air Conditioning (at an extra charge) The Restaurants Whether overlooking the magnificent view of the Rabat countryside or enjoying the more relaxed and informal WiFi connected lounge, Point de Vue offers an innovative take on continental and traditional Maltese dining. The varied menus of snacks and dishes include an extensive selection of local foods, pasta and pizza, deserts and the more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire and Priceline so you can book your Point de Vue Guesthouse and Restaurants reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Point De Vue Guesthouse And Restaurants Hotel Rabat
- Point De Vue Guesthouse And Restaurants Malta/Rabat