“Brilliant restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Ta' Duminka

Ta' Duminka
Ranked #14 of 35 Restaurants in Mosta
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Balzan, Malta
“Brilliant restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

Great service with friendly and efficient staff, food is original and excellent yet not too expensive. Would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a good Stuffed Chicken Breast.

Mosta, Malta
“An Excellent Place to Unwind”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

Hearing favourable comments about this place, we dropped in yesterday at Ta Duminka, after having booked in advance. The place is small but has a cosy feel. For most of the time we were the only customers, it being a windy Thursday night.
Having sampled the fresh and excellent food, I would highly recommend this place. The whitebait fritters were exceedingly fresh and tasty without them being too salty. My main course consisted of spaghetti alle vongole. Since I have a small appetite I went for a starter size, which was actually very filling and superb. My husband was equally satisfied with his rack of ribs and accompanying potatoes and tasty vegetables.
My dessert (imqaret with helwa tat-tork) was beautifully presented and was really delicious. My husband's banoffee mousse was equally mouthwatering without it being too heavy.
At the end were offered a complimentary liqueur. Everything was great.
Moreover, the service was excellent. The chef and the waiter/barman were courteous enough not to treat us merely as customers, but spoke to us about the restaurant and some of the food on offer.
Finally, it was really good value. This is proof that you don't have to ruin your bank account in order to sample excellent fare.
Again, I would highly recommend this place. You won't be disappointed.

London
“Big Welcome”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

A tiny, unassuming restaurant in the centre of the picturesque town of Mosta. The place is a bit cramped but you're made to feel welcome as soon as you walk in the door. The smile on the host and hostess's faces and the complimentary appetisers and after-dinner liqueur make you feel like a valued customer - a rarity in Malta. The food was well cooked and tasty. Prices are average. The menu was extensive. They had two fillet dishes on the menu along with the ubiquitous (in Malta) rib-eye steak. Parking was relatively easy, by the Mosta parish church famous for it's dome.

Mosta, Malta
“Getting to know of Ta' Duminka simply by chance”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

I was passing nearby the road where the restaurant is situated. I pass through this road many many times (as i live in Mosta) but I never noteed it. It was a magical evening on 23th December, 2012.. my wife and I had an errand close by...when we were done we smelt a heavinly smell of some bread or so baking...it was pizza being baked. We followed our noses (just like the three kings followed the star) straight towards the strong heavinly smell attraction as landed at Ta Duminka. We ordered pizza take away. The next day , christmas eve, we booked a table. It was one of the most enchanting food experiences of my life. The chicken soup thick and angelic. The clamari in wine sauce and the rice which my wife had was exceptional.

My only sadness is that the more people get to know of this restaurant, most probably the less I will enjoy this experience in future since the place is quiet small and will be overcrowded in a few months. But why should I be egoistic? Keep up the good work Mr Agius!! Ian Azzopardi, 79595125 Mosta

1 Thank HRD445
Berlin, Germany
“Heavenly!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012

We went to Mosta and were really lucky to find this restaurant by random! Excellent food, well seasoned, freshly prepared with beautiful taste and nice textures. Not expected cuisine with an individual note. Very kind staff. We absolutely recommend this small restaurant. When ever we will return to Malta, this will be a mandatory point on the agenda. Well done, guys!

• Visited December 2012