“Big Welcome”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 20, 2013

A tiny, unassuming restaurant in the centre of the picturesque town of Mosta. The place is a bit cramped but you're made to feel welcome as soon as you walk in the door. The smile on the host and hostess's faces and the complimentary appetisers and after-dinner liqueur make you feel like a valued customer - a rarity in Malta. The food was well cooked and tasty. Prices are average. The menu was extensive. They had two fillet dishes on the menu along with the ubiquitous (in Malta) rib-eye steak. Parking was relatively easy, by the Mosta parish church famous for it's dome.

There are newer reviews for Ta' Duminka

Reviewed January 11, 2013

I was passing nearby the road where the restaurant is situated. I pass through this road many many times (as i live in Mosta) but I never noteed it. It was a magical evening on 23th December, 2012.. my wife and I had an errand close by...when we were done we smelt a heavinly smell of some bread or so baking...it was pizza being baked. We followed our noses (just like the three kings followed the star) straight towards the strong heavinly smell attraction as landed at Ta Duminka. We ordered pizza take away. The next day , christmas eve, we booked a table. It was one of the most enchanting food experiences of my life. The chicken soup thick and angelic. The clamari in wine sauce and the rice which my wife had was exceptional.

My only sadness is that the more people get to know of this restaurant, most probably the less I will enjoy this experience in future since the place is quiet small and will be overcrowded in a few months. But why should I be egoistic? Keep up the good work Mr Agius!! Ian Azzopardi, 79595125 Mosta

1  Thank HRD445
Reviewed December 22, 2012

We went to Mosta and were really lucky to find this restaurant by random! Excellent food, well seasoned, freshly prepared with beautiful taste and nice textures. Not expected cuisine with an individual note. Very kind staff. We absolutely recommend this small restaurant. When ever we will return to Malta, this will be a mandatory point on the agenda. Well done, guys!

Reviewed December 16, 2012

I have to say it has been a lovely surprise... very good food, fresh ingredients, amazing atmosphere! Great!!!

Reviewed November 29, 2012

Very Good food lovely place atmosphere and staff. A wonderful improvement since the change in management. A big well done to the Chef Christopher Mizzi and his colleagues.