“Very similar to Medina - athmospheric and decent food”
Review of Bacchus Restaurant

Bacchus Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 23 Restaurants in Mdina
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Medieval Mdina is a city of wonders. Along the narrow lamp-lit streets, the Cathedral, convents, palazzos, quaint little houses and museums which characterise the Silent City you will find Bacchus Restaurant on the first turning to the left as you enter Mdina. Bacchus’s Chefs and Serving Staff make no bones about the fact that they consider the input of customers as the strongest motivation for them to give their customers the kind of experience they would enjoy. Let us know - directly. And we'll make sure your experience here is what you want.
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Very similar to Medina - lovely athmosphere in the old castle rooms. Very good service and ambiance about the place. Food was decent and tasty - at least as good as Medina

Reviewed February 16, 2013

When I booked this I had only seen the ground floor restaurant so imagine my surprise when they took us upstairs to find a massive floor with more than 100 tables all decorated with roses, candles and the like. Even someone that has to work to be romantic found it easy in these surroundings.
Truly beautiful experience.

1  Thank Marmattron
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We came across this restaurant while visiting Mdina last week. It is tucked away down a little side street and after a walk round the town we returned here for lunch. The location and atmosphere is very attractive and the food and service was excellent. We shared a Beef Carpaccio as a starter followed by risotto with broccoli for me and pasta with salmon for my husband, both of which were excellent. At the back of the restaurant is a door leading upstairs to the huge ballroom and garden - it's worth taking a look. It would be a fantastic venue for a wedding! We can't wait to go back and have dinner there.

1  Thank vschlatter
Reviewed February 6, 2013

The location & atmosphere of this restaurant is hard to beat & the food / service was great, a walk around Mdina at knight with dinner here is somthing every visiter to Malta should do, you will not regret it!

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Me and my boyfriend LOVED this restaurant! Absolutely beautiful surroundings and the food was amazing - maybe one of the best meals I've ever had. Would go back to Malta purely to return here.
My boyfriend had the tomato soup, served in a large bread roll and cheese - delicious.
For mains I had the rabbit with vegetables and a balsamic glaze sauce. My boyfriend had the salmon pasta dish in a creamy sauce, topped with red egg mock caviar. It was delicious! We didn't want it to end. We shared a trio of chocolate desserts which was exquisite.
Service could have been improved but did not ruin the meal. We were told we could only eat outside on the roof because of a private function, which was fine as the atmosphere was lovely.
Beautiful building, would make a gorgeous wedding venue.