“excellent food, good service and very special treatment”
Review of Trattoria 1530

Trattoria 1530
Ranked #6 of 23 Restaurants in Mdina
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 13, 2012

good options for vegetarians, very tasty vegetable soup, pastas and pizzas are very very good. the location within Mdina is just spectacular. although kitchen had been closed for over 30 minutes and all other restaurants refused to serve us, Trattoria staff were extremely professional and made our meal an experienced to remember in Malta

Reviewed October 30, 2012

There seems to be some confusion about the Xara Lodge. This is a superb building outside Mdina and is specifically for functions such as weddings, parties and corporate meetings.
I had the pleasure of dining with forty plus members of the Island Car Club and Mdina Grand Prix motoring organisations last week.
The service was outstanding, the food delicious and the wine went down very well.
I can highly recommend this venue for activities.

Nicky_Paris, Owner at Trattoria 1530, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our new and exciting venue, The Xara Lodge situated in the Limits of Rabat. We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed the evening together with the Mdina Grand Prix Group. We very much look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.
With kind regards Nicola Paris

Reviewed October 27, 2012

Went there a couple of times,a went again about 3 weeks ago.The food is excellent I had the chicken with mushrooms which I never have from a restaurant as it really scares me that I might get food poisoning.It was perfect ,I am not really a food lover but the chicken was too die for :) Keep it up

Reviewed September 18, 2012

Visited with two friends on our last evening in Malta. Was a chilly evening so ate inside but the outside seating looked inviting. Good choice of wines at various prices. Main course pasta dishes are huge, rich and filling - order a starter size if you don't have a big appetite. Would have given a five for overall rating but they had run out of fruit which meant that most of the ice cream based puddings were not available. Also the service was ok but not the best we have experienced in Malta.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

We went to this place on a Sunday evening about 3 weeks ago. after almost 40mins waiting for a table we were seated. we ordered the drinks and when the cocktail of my partner arrived it had a dead fly just on top of the ice cubes. We told the waiter about this and he changed it for us. we ordered 2 pizzas and my partner specified that she doesn't want the pizza to be burned. the pizzas arrived after some and mine was perfectly cooked whilst my partner's pizza was all burned from the edges. we passed this second complaint to the waiter and he said that he is sorry and he changed it again. after another 15mins waiting for her pizza the second one arrived. whilst I was eating mine, it had Maltese potato on top of it and there were parts of the potato with a black hole, eaten by worms. I just removed the potatoes from the top and placed it on a side plate. I was too hungry to wait for another 15mins to change the pizza. when finally we ate everything the waiter came and asked us if everything was ok. I showed him the potatoes and he was quite surprised how this had happened and told me that on Sunday they are really busy. They didn't even bother to give us a complimentary coffee or drink, they acted as if nothing just happened, and you call this a 5 star hotel????

2  Thank dezolate