“Devine”

Ranked #8 of 23 Restaurants in Mdina
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The de Mondion restaurant at The Xara Palace Relais & Chateaux has consistently rated amongst the top restaurants on the island. Set atop Mdina's centuries-old bastions, the de Mondion enjoys truly stunning 180-degree views of Malta, the panorama providing a spectacular accompaniment to the restaurant's comfortable and convivial setting. We also pride ourselves in offering a discreet yet attentive service, leaving you time to savour the refined cuisine, the company and the view.The cuisine combines the finest seasonal produce with innovation and expertise to create tantalizing dishes of a style we like to call Modern Mediterranean.
Reviewed July 31, 2014

Gorgeous food, service and lovely views. Very relaxed atmosphere too. Staff very helpful. Must try it.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

One of the best restaurants on the island of Malta. The food, view and ambiance make for some of the best fine dining experiences you will find here. Price is high but definitely worth a visit.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

Birthday treat with fabulous table commanding superb views. Service was a bit too slow for my liking, over 3 hours, on a Monday night, glad it wasn't the weekend. Ridiculously priced wine, with a long wait in between courses. Food average with well done beef requested oozing blood!
Wouldn't hurry back, as there are many more nicer restaurants that I would have to pass on the way. The position is second to none, but there are other places that although don't have the same view have equally good ambiance, with far superior service and better presented food. The Arches for instance,or Palazzo Parisio. Not the best birthday treat!

1  Thank Gillian G
Reviewed July 13, 2014

An incredible setting with fantastic views over Malta. Menu is international in flavour. Wine list extensive and sommelier very knowledgeable. Service attentive but not intrusive - professional. Food was of very high quality and beautifully presented. A very memorable evening at reasonable price.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

Well, what can I say?! My partner took me here as a surprise last weekend and proposed to me, and I just cannot speak highly enough of this place. I will firstly talk about the restaurant itself, breathtaking views, elegant, sophisticated setting, beautiful ambiance.
The food itself is really something special, we have eaten in some fantastic restaurants around the world and this is one of the best. Absolutely delicious, lovingly prepared, just perfect! And the presentation so good you almost do not want to spoil it!
The staff here are something else too, from the minute we walked in we felt welcomed, and like nothing was too much trouble, they were so attentive and friendly. I want to make a special mention to Janica, the maitre de (or manager), I`m not too sure. She was so helpful from the start, helping my partner plan the perfect proposal, again, nothing too much trouble, she really cares how your night is going, as do all the staff. And just to add it she did not go out of her way just because it was a special night for us, she spent time with each and every table. This restaurant are very lucky to have her!
I could ramble on about this place all night, but you get the picture! Do not go to malta without a visit to this magical place, truly a night to remember, and I would go back to Malta just to visit this restaurant! Enjoy.

2  Thank 619helen