“Very Disappointing....”
Review of Gente di Mare - CLOSED

Gente di Mare
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Situated in front of the magnificent port of Marsaxlokk, the most prominent old village in Malta, Gente di Mare Restaurant will welcome you and your loved ones in a quite relaxed environment. You may also choose to dine in our seafront open air area and enjoy the beautiful view of Marsaxlokk port.Gente di Mare Restaurant specializes in local fresh fish, caught from local fisherman. We select the fish and its source carefully to provide genuine local produce for exquisite fish dining experience. For those who prefer something different, here, you will also find a selection of meat, game and poultry dishes, like hand cut beef fillets and Argentian Black Angus, just to mention a few. You will also find a wide assortment of dishes our chefs are renowned for, like our home-made 'aljotta', vegetable soup of the day and our scrumptious pasta dishes. Our chefs prepare all our delicacies with love and passion, always creating innovative dishes and specialties' to please our loyal clientele. The menu is seasonal; therefore you will always find new dishes when you return.
Malta, Europe
“Very Disappointing....”
Reviewed May 19, 2012

I had been twice before to this restaurant and both times I had enjoyed the food & the service was good. However at my last visit I was very disappointed with the service....I went there with my friend and we both ordered a starter and main course...my friend was having fish soup followed with a plate of pasta and I chose a plate of pasta as a starter and octopus as a main course. It took some time for the starters to arrive and when they did the waitress informed me that they did not have octopus as it still hadn't been delivered and asked if I wanted something else. I thought it was a one off mistake but I was still annoyed that they hadn't informed me immediately about it and not after the starters arrived! At that point I looked quickly through the menu, not wanting my pasta to go cold...and chose chicken as main course. After about 5 minutes the waitress came back and informed me they didn't have chicken either!!! This plate was included with the ones written on the blackboard outside to entice passers by to stop and eat at their restaurant! At this point I felt that they had not informed us before of this as we might have left the restaurant & hence waited to serve us the starters so then it would kind of be too late...very disappointing....a pity as I will never be returning again.

• Visited May 2012
2 Thank Lisa_C_Malta

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Saint Julian's, Malta
“Mauro and his clan”
Reviewed March 1, 2012

I had heard about this restaurant from some Swedish friends of mine, but did not have the opportunity to go myself before.
The Restaurant is in the most picturesque fishing village in Malta.
The ambient is modern with good taste.
The menu is extensive and prices moderate.
One has to wait approximately 15 mins to get his order as every thing is prepared at the moment
The " clan" is what makes this place special.
Owned and run by Mauro who is a reputable chef.
The man looking after the clients and I do not want to call him head waiter or restaurant manager because of his welcoming and friendly attitude is Daniel.
Daniel suggested some wines, whilst Mauro himself enlightened us on the delicacies he had prepared for the night.
Having had our meal both Mauro and Daniel joined us after offering us a drink. Both are very passionate about their food and not only did we discuss the meal we just had but many other dishes whilst more drinks flowed..
We ate well but were also offered an enjoyable evening discussing food and wines in a cozy and friendly atmosphere. .I highly recommend this place..not just for the food but also for the ambiance and atmosphere.

• Visited February 2012