“Great food. Service needs a boost”

Ta' Victor Restauant
Ranked #5 of 52 Restaurants in Marsaxlokk
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Ta' Victor restaurant is situated in the quaint fishing village of Marsaxlokk in the South of Malta. Chef/Patron Victor has a passion for traditional Maltese food and offers a menu that includes all the usual suspects when it comes to typical local cuisine. This ranges from rabbit to lamb, snails to octopus, lasagne to local fish and much more. It is all served in welcoming Maltese hospitality in a restaurant that is ideal for all the family. The location on the main Marsaxlokk square in front of the Parish church and right across the road from the fishing harbour is also a big plus which just adds to the local feel of the place.
Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

Been here three times and I will be looking forward to the next one. The traditional dishes are cooked to perfection and portions are good for big eaters. Deserts are great and the traditional coffee is the cherry on the cake. Pity that the service tends to fluctuate a bit. A good suggestion is to book ahead and try going on a week day rather than a weekend

Reviewed November 5, 2012

My family and I went to this lovely restaurant for lunch. Victor owner/chef came out to tell us what the specialities of the day were. The platters at the start of the meal were mouth watering and the main meal was also fantastic. You can really tell that everything is homemade and freshly made. The goat cheese ravioli were the best we ever had and they were really filled with fresh maltese goat cheese. If you are a meat lover you have got to try Victor's Lamb shanks. Do leave some space for the lovely home made imqaret (date cakes) Everything at Victor's was great and I can't wait to go back. One last thing that I have to mention is the geat service. A young man who waited on us was vey polite.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Greeted by a complimentary Maltese platter. Our slow cooked bragioli and Cerna were delicious accompanied by fresh salad and tasty "patata l forn", ultimately sealed by free mqaret and Maltese coffee.
The owner is very humble and caring.
(Didn't like the fillet pepper sauce which was promptly and at no cost replaced with the mushroom one - which I still disliked)
The Maltese dishes were brilliant though and would definitely call again.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

On Wednesday a small group of friends and I decided to have a class-reunion. Normally we choose a restaurant which is centrally situated for everyone's convenience but this time around we decided to go to the southern fishing village of Marsaxlokk which is renowned for its fish restaurants. However the choice fell on Ta' Victor (Victor's) for 3 main reasons .... the first being the name as 2 of the group share the same name as this place; secondly because it was one of the Victors who was celebrating his birthday and thirdly because the restaurant boasts of serving authentic Maltese dishes and as the other Victor has been away from Malta for nearly 40 years, he misses our traditional dishes.
The moment we arrived, Victor, the chef patron greeted us outside of the restaurant having prepared our table al fresco (believe it or not in the middle of October and we are still sporting short sleeves and enjoying mild to hot nights). Victor has an excellent philosophy for his eatery; he prepares an authentic banquette from starters to mains to deserts at a flat price excluding drinks. Those who would prefer it, the a la carte choice is also an option. We decided to go for the set menu and we had no regrets. Rather than go into detail explaining the dishes (probably I would miss a few in the process), I suggest to any reader of this piece to go and try it out. You won't be disappointed. The only thing which surprised us after we ate and had our fair share of drinks including an aperitive each, 1 bottle of Gran Cavalier- a local red wine, about 12 beers, liquors and to finish off a full bottle of well-chilled Croft Pink Port, the bill including a good tip came to EUR 35 per person.
The only thing I would change is the name and aptly call it Ta' Vitor (the Maltese version of the name). I shall definitely recommend and ..... return :)

Reviewed October 19, 2012

This little restaurant at Marsaxlokk was recommended by friends and we were so glad to take heed. Thanks to Victor's culinary skills and the excellent service provided by his staff our evening with friends was a huge success. As far as I am concerned the concept of this restaurant is a labour of love with service as the cherry on the cake. I definitely recommend Ta' Victor for a pleasant evening blessed with the best Maltese food. Besides, it's good value for money