“..from average to excellent”
Review of La Ruelle Restaurant - CLOSED

La Ruelle Restaurant
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: WINTER OPENING HOURS: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday CLOSED ALL DAY: Friday 19:00hrs - 22:30hrs (Reservation recommended): Saturday 19:00hrs - 23:00hrs (Reservation recommended): Sunday LUNCH 11:00hrs - 15.00hrs (Reservation recommended): Sunday EVE 19:00hrs - 22:30hrs (Reservation recommended): La Ruelle restaurant in Marsaxlokk Malta offers a warm environment mixed with a taste of Mediterranean food, which will satisfy all your colourful tastes. Our rustic, yet contemporary atmosphere will make any time of the day a pleasurable moment to wine and dine with your family & friends. We offer tea, coffee, cakes, daily special, pasta, pizza baked in a traditional stone oven, various starters and main courses, fresh local fish/seafood and fabulous local and foreign wine. Our outside seating is pet friendly.
Saint Julian's, Malta
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“..from average to excellent”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

On my first visit to this restaurant in 2011, I classified it as: average service; average ambiance; very good food. Back than, we were served by a young waitress who clearly had no idea of the craft and was rather arrogant in her attitude towards a mistake she did in our food order. I decided to go back and try the wood oven baked pizza, as it is gaining quite an excellent reputation and I was impressed not only by the quality of the pizza dough and the excellent antipasto platter, but also with the very good service of the young waitresses, and the manageress. Efficient service with a smile, and attentive to detail. This is an excellent family restaurant, with a twist of casual, yet smart ambiance, food and service.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Julians1950
CharleneDeDomenico, Owner at La Ruelle Restaurant, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. It was our pleasure serving you. We hope to see you again very soon.

Kind regards

Zejtun, Malta
“Consistent quality food and very good service”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I have been to this restaurant on three ocassions and the quality of food and service here were always up to my expectations. I can easily give it a 5 star rate. If I may say, I would suggest a wine cellar for better storage of the wines, and than, this restaurant would be, in my opinion, one of the best in the south of Malta.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank ManCar63

I will take your suggestion regarding the wine cellar as a priority.

Kind regards
Sliema, Malta
“Delicious food, beautiful Sunday lunch.”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

It has been years since I ve been to Marsaxlokk market, very beautiful atmosphere. ...for lunch we chose this new restaurant, at the corner of a narrow street. The set up of this premises is a mixture of traditional modern features which I really admire. We were greeted by a young waitress, who despite being very very busy, she quickly set a table for us that had just been vacated by other guests seconds before. Very efficient indeed. We had an antipasto platter, a pizza baked nicely in a wood oven and a large pasta octopus, wine, water and capuccinos for 50E all inclusive. Very good food and service and good value for money. Keep it up!

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank Janni W
CharleneDeDomenico, Owner at La Ruelle Restaurant, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
It was our pleasure serving you.

Thank you for choosing La Ruelle.

Malta
“Great food!”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Excellent pizza and angus ribeye! I do not like fish, so it was great to find a restaurant in Marsaxlokk that has lots of other options that are not based on fish. The service is also one of the best. Very good value for money.

Visited November 2012
2 Thank Ganni M
CharleneDeDomenico, Owner at La Ruelle Restaurant, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
It was our pleasure serving you.

Thank you for choosing La Ruelle.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“5 star service..”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Me and my girlfriend decided to go to Marsaxlokk for lunch..We found a very good parking spot on the left hand side of the village.We decided to go to La Ruelle..When we entered we were greeted by the manager of the restaurant where she accomodated us and told us about the special menu which some of the items included,as a starter the ravioli with tartufo and as a main course the Australian ribeye...We opted for those and what I can tell you is that we were really satisfied as the food was delicious and cooked to perfection to our desires..There were two tables of 20 and 10 people and what I can say is the service was really fast and efficient..Also there is a very good selection of wine and deserts...I will be looking forward to dine in this restaurant again and will be telling all my friends about it..

1 Thank Nick D
CharleneDeDomenico, Owner at La Ruelle Restaurant, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. It is always our pleasure serving you.