“A fabulous fishy Sunday lunch.”
Review of La Nostra Padrona

La Nostra Padrona
Ranked #8 of 51 Restaurants in Marsaxlokk
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: La Nostra Padrona Restaurant is perfect for anyone seeking a dining experience to remember, whether it’s a relaxing lunch or lavish dinner, our welcome is always warm. . Set right in the heart of Malta’s main fishing village, Marsaxlokk , La Nostra Padrona Restaurant enjoys a full view of the picturesque harbor. Although specializing mainly on seafood, the ‘A la Carte’ menu includes Mediterranean dishes and various specialties of our Chef. With fish delivered daily right from the boats, a selection of fresh fish and shellfish is always guaranteed. Always ask for our Daily Specialty. Designed with the intention to blend classic with modern the interior’s blue and white colour scheme reflects the blue water of Marsaxlokk Spectacular Fishing Harbour and Boats. Our dining area is comfortably spacious. We have two restaurant ground floor and 1st floor which one can have access with the elevator that can carry up to 8 persons. Our à la carte restaurant, SPECIALIZE from various types of Salads , 100% Fresh Pasta, Grill , Fresh Fish and more than 135 different wine that one can choose from .One can enjoy panoramic sea views from our old Style balcony in the Village. The Restaurant is situated at the front, which has an even more spectacularly beautiful vista; you can dine inside or outside while watching the spectacular colours of the Fishing Boats. Truly the perfect place to enjoy and dine or even more is perfect for anyone seeking a dining experience to remember, whether its businesses, Lunch or Dinner . We accept bookings for any occasions, special menus for parties are available. We look forward to welcoming you at La NOSTRA PADRONA RESTAURANT; it'll be a pleasure to be your hosts.
Llandudno, United Kingdom
“A fabulous fishy Sunday lunch.”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Today is Sunday, market day. The town is heaving with people and all the restaurants are full. By chance, after walking the promenade, we find ourselves inside the cool air of La Nostra. There are many nicely dressed Maltese families eating here, so we take a chance and take the last table available. The table is nicely laid and the place looks spotlessly clean. Still dubious, we order food. The waitress starts bringing out plate after plate of food into the restaurant, predominately fish dishes, and to be honest they all looked superb. The way everyone was emptying their plates it was obvious to me it was good. My wife had a delicious calamari starter followed by an octopus main which was the best she had ever eaten. My fish cakes starter were served piping hot and delicious. A large fresh salad and fries were also served to accompany. Fresh bread, humus, olives and crackers were served complimentary. The waitress was friendly and very attentive. A fabulous meal and a place I would recommend. The bill of €68 made this one of the least expensive meals we had eaten in Malta. DOWNSIDE:- Water €4. Overall, would definitely return.

• Visited September 2012

• Turkish first
Saint Julian's, Malta
“Not impressed”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

We went to this restaurant because someone we know had mentioned it. Sadly our experience was more negative than positve. True the staff are friendly and courteous enough. The first course came within two minutes that we had made our order, making us immediately suspect that it had been precooked and simply reheated, in fact my pasta was soggy. We had fish for the main course; at least you cant go wrong with grilled fish, but the sidedishes were , well mediocre. Very salty roast potatoes and nondescript veg. Value for money? I wouldnt say so, it wasnt expensive but it wasnt cheap, and I have enjoyed better food from many a place for as much or less.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Pete765
Malta
“Very disappointing”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I am not from Malta but I got married with a maltese guy and I ve been living here for almost 6 years. I really enjoy trying new restaurants in Malta and when my husband suggested to go today to have dinner in Marxaslock I was really happy since usually we go more to St. Julians or other areas in the North of the Island. I told him that today I will invite him. We chose this restaurant because he remembered somebody recommended it to him some time ago and we really enjoyed the food however when I went to ask for the bill because the waitress was not coming around for a while, the guy behind the bar gave me a note with 2 main course pasta that I refused since we had starters, what is more the bill showed 8 eur. for 2 glasses of some not really good wine that we asked by the glass, and another 4 eur. for a bottle of still water. I didn't want to complain any more about this overcharged beverages but it was very disappointing. I know very well the prices of beverages in Malta and not even in really good restaurants with amazing service and food they charge that. I am not sure if you have a price list but I hope that you don't charge anymore those 4eur for a wine by the glass that we don't even know from which winery it is or for a normal bottle of still water. Of course, no tips for your unpleasant behaviour.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank MsGatt
Cospicua (Bormla), Malta
“Fresh seafood!”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Went to this restaurant a couple of times, mainly for seafood. Fresh seafood, lovely portions and good service overall.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank skieran
Zurrieq, Malta
“A perfect Experience!”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

We have been to La Nostra Padrona in Marsaxlokk, Staff was very friendly, and Restaurant is decorated nicely; The food is Delicious, and the atmosphere is PERFECT.
We were 2 persons; and for starters we had Spaghetti King Prawns and Spaghetti Ai Ricci Di Mare. Can say that portions aren't small and food is served nicely and was very good!
For Main Course we shared a Tenuta (fresh fish of the day for 2 persons- 30Eur) and Mixed Shellfish platter (24.75Eur), which were served with fries and salad.
Had 2 Banoffie pies and 2 scoops of ice-cream for dessert.
Drinks included 2 bootles of water (1 sparkling and 1 still) and 2 soft drinks.
Total Price of approx 85Eur
I recommend this Restaurant to any fish lovers like us. And I will surely return, Thanks for the staff of La Nostra Padrona we had a lovely lunch

• Visited August 2012