“Unfriendly”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
“Unfriendly”
Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

Surly and unsmiling staff. Very basic. Indifferent food. Nice view though. There's probably better laces locally.

• Greek first
  • Polish first
Busan, South Korea
“You'll suddenly find yourself a cheapskate there”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

The waitress gave us a mixed seafood dish when I had asked for mixed FISH. Then they charged us for what we did not order and said that we had already tasted the food (thinking it was a fish dish) so we needed to pay for what we ate at seafood dish price. What is worse, she insinuated that my English was so poor that I did not remember what I ordered. Whether that is a language problem or a memory problem I don't know. Anyway, I was made out by the waitress and the restaurant owner to be a cheapskate customer who ordered a more expensive dish and tried to pay less . Be carefull! When something goes wrong, the waitress will blame your English, not hers, even if English is your mother tongue.

• Visited January 2013
York, United Kingdom
“Value for money...good views”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

We called into this Cafe when we visted Marsaxlokk.

We didnt expect much to be fair, its quite a basic looking cafe but its part of a fishing village and the views were lovely.

When the food arrived it was tasty and the portion size was huge! My husband had one of the pizzas and he really enjoyed it.

It was very cheap. Staff were friendly and food was tasty...

Taking into consideration food and price you can not complain. Its good value for money.

Only down side for me was the toilets, not very clean.had they had been better I would have rated it higher.

• Visited December 2012
Island of Malta, Malta
“Inexpensive.”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We have been to this restaurant many times. My wife loves fish and she invariably has salmon. Very good value for money, she says, and it tastes good. Worth going there for the salmon but I hate fish! I enjoy meat and can recommend pork. Again it is good value for money and the taste is good. You MUST bear in mind that this is not a posh restaurant, so don't expect too much. It is situated in a fishing village and the meals are very basic; mostly salad and chips. The quality of the meals is more like what would be served in a cafeteria than in a restaurant.

• Visited November 2012
Bolton
“Great view”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

The view was wonderful and how better to spend a November day sitting in the sunshine. But the food was basic the fish was great well cooked I had bream but it was plonked on the plate with chips and salad, they didn't even bother to cut the tomato the plate was then plonked in front of us. The service was atrocious the waiter wasn't going to clear our starter plates when the mains came, and didn't clear out mains plates till I put them on a table close to us, surly and sloppy service.

• Visited November 2012