“Could it get any better than this ?”

Tartarun Fish Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 51 Restaurants in Marsaxlokk
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
cornwall
“Could it get any better than this ?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2011

We went to this restaurant on the last night of our stay in Marsaxlokk, and it was one of the best restaurants I have ever been to. There was nothing that could possibly be faulted - from the service onwards. The food was fantastic, both the main courses (I had the stuffed pasta, whilst my husband had the seared sea bream fillets) and also the desserts (chocolate pannacotta and walnut and honey tart). We were made to feel very welcome, and would recommend the restaurant to anyone.

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank hayley27

• Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cospicua (Bormla), Malta
“Wow! Excellent by all means!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2011

Went there yesterday after reading some reviews here on TripAdvisor and wow were we satisfied!

Location - We passed infront of this restaurant a 100 times and never really noticed it. It is a small restaurant in the corner next to the Marsaxlokk square. The location of the restaurant isn't the best in Marsaxlokk as it is in a busy street and vehicles were passing all the time. As for views there was the Sunday Monti so not sure if you can see the sea.

Once, inside - the restaurant it self is quite nice, having a clean and welcoming atmosphere. We were welcomed with a smile and seated in a good lighted area. The restaurant has ACs and the temperature was montored by the staff.

Our drinks were ordered and served immediately. Food (Seafood) was served in around 30mins so it's quite a reasonable time to wait. Once served. OMG! The presentation & taste were amazing - a taste of the sea !

The service was good too, never waited more than 5mins for anything we asked for. The waiters were professional with a smile.

Tartarun - Recommended to anyone who loves seafood. Can't wait to go there again to have a taste of one of the best seafood restaurants in Malta.

• Visited August 2011
San Gwann, Malta
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2011

Don't miss your chance to spend your time in a friendly atmosphere and enjoy great variety of delicious seafood. I think it's one of the best places to dine in Malta and the best one in Marsaxlokk. I was there for several occasions with high-official guest from Russia and each of them expressed only positive emotions. Every time i tried different dishes and i can say that EVERYTHING is perfect. Don't miss it!!

1 Thank OlgaNikita
Balzan, Malta
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2011

My wife and I dined at Tartarun a couple of days ago and in all honesty, as I write this review, I wish I was there again. That is how good I rate Tartarun. This restaurant is located right at the beginning of Marsaxlokk promenade. The restaurant is simply decorated but with taste. An interesting note is that outside the restaurant is an outdoor dining area called Harbour Lights which is owned by the same people and served by the same kitchen. My wife and i showed up without a reservation however this was not a problem given that it was not Sunday. Hence i would advise anybody wishing to go for Sunday lunch to book beforehand.
For starters I opted for the Octopus cooked in garlic, chervil, capers and fennel. It was delicious. My wife's salmon was equally good.
For mains we opted for two pasta dishes. The fist was the linguini with lobster sauce (creamy). I had yet to taste a better pasta dish in my life, or so I thought since the second dish was even better - the spaghetti with sea food. Words cannot describe just how good this pasta was. It was full of shell fish and these were extremely fresh.
We did not opt for deserts since we were quite full however we did have a coffee which was good. We also had a bottle of wine and water. The total cost was 60 Euros which for the quality of food we had was well worth it. Definitely one of our favorites.
One note about the service. It was excellent. The restaurant is a family run business and both the wife of the owner and his son took great pains in explaining the meaning of the restaurants name as well as how the business has developed. Well done

3 Thank Trevordg
malta
“simply amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2011

a great place for seafood lovers, I have been to many seafood restaurants yet Tartarun excels in everything, from the friendly staff, relaxing atmosphere, great service and most of all fresh seafood. I would recommend this restaurant for sure for I know it would not be a let down. One last thing, if you intend to have dinner or lunch there I recommend you make a reservation since it's quite busy. What surprised me was that even though it was busy we still had an excellent service and that's an important thing. Great food, excellent service and relaxing ambient.