“Quality undiminished”

Ron's Restaurant
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 12, 2013

It has been two years since we last visited Malta, and not unnaturally, we not only looked for new dining venues, but also ate in old favourites. One of these is Ron's Restaurant in the village of Marsaxlokk. The ebullient Godfrey who owns it, endeavours to be everywhere at the same time, and nearly achieves it. His staff are calm and helpful, the decor obviously chosen with care by somebody with good taste, However, best of all is the food. The fish in particular is fresh and well cooked. Both my wife and I agree that the standard has been maintained, and we look forward to going there during our next visit.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Ron talks the talk, but doesn't get very far with the walk. Promised two large fresh fish between us, all that arrived were two small tasteless sea bass along with a tiny salad and chips to share.

Fish really aren't this small, please don't be fooled by the excuse of "it appears small because we remove the head and tail". Even when we complained, he still charged €4 for a bottle of water!

Plenty of other good places to go to eat in the area, please go to one of those!

Reviewed September 2, 2013

We ate here while visiting Malta in June. It was exactly the kind of laid-back, friendly vibe I expected (and wanted) in a fishing town. I ordered the shrimp cocktail appetizer, which was easily enough for all 3 of us. We each got the fresh fish, which was simply done and delicious! I can't speak to the complaints about price, because the owner found out I was military and treated our party extremely well - including giving us the best upstairs with a view of the waterfront! Thank you Ron for your hospitality - when I am back in Malta I will certainly pay a visit!

Reviewed August 29, 2013

considering for what y pay and being given farmed fish to eat it is overpriced the only 2 good things there is the free liqure and the view

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Came in here for lunch and had the recommended special. Owner very personable and friendly and the food good. Shame the promised 'Maltese salad and potatoes' which are done so well in so many restaurants turned out to be chips and a simple lettuce salad. All in all a decent place to go but could do better. I would have given it 3 and a half if the option was available. Watch out for rip off taxi drivers on the way back. They start at the usual rate plus 70%.