“FANTASTIC”

Malta Tour Guide - Private Tours by Joan
Ranked #13 of 169 Tours in Island of Malta
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Private customised tours with a very experienced and friendly local guide. If you want to experience the real Malta, discover our wonderful island..the history, culture and people I can handle any type of itinerary. I can provide tours for any duration and my suggested itineraries are ideal for one day cruise ship visitors or multi day tours if you are visiting for a longer vacation. Visit my website for great touring ideas or just get in touch and I will be more than happy to suggest touring ideas. I look forward to hearing from you. Joan.
Howell, Michigan
“FANTASTIC”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

Recently my 90 yr. old mother and I had the extreme pleasure of visiting Malta and having Joan as our private guide. Over the course of the 2 days we spent with her I was touched by her knowledge and passion for the history of her home and willingness to share it with us in a way that was informative but not overwhelming. Joan was extremely courteous and aware of the needs of my elderly mother and varied our itinerary to meet her needs without us missing any of the magnificent sights. By the end of our all too brief time with Joan my mother and I both felt as if we weren't being led around by a guide, but were being shown a precious jewel by a wonderfully passionate friend. She was instrumental in making this the trip of a lifetime!!

Visited December 2013

Thame, United Kingdom
“Wonderful Malta tours with Joan”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

Joan is one of the best tour guides we have ever come across; she loves her country, it's history and its peoples. She ensures that all those in her group are happy and interested and wanting to know more. We have experienced group tours with Joan in 2012 and 2013 and are looking forward to continuing with the pleasure of our Maltese education with her in 2015.

Visited March 2013
Joan S, Owner at Malta Tour Guide - Private Tours by Joan, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
My repeat clients always become my friends so the tours then take a different dimension. We never cover the same ground again but I will make sure you will have another great day in Malta like the two you've already had. I look forward to seeing you again next year. I appreciate your remarks. Thanks.
san francisco, CA
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Joan is your new best friend or favorite history professor…your choice!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

We were lucky enough to have a full day tour and then a night tour of Birgu with Joan. She is so passionate about passing along her knowledge of Maltese history that it makes you feel like you've known so much about Malta for ages. The sights we saw were amazing. We never felt overwhelmed, rushed or tired. We stopped for a delicious lunch at a fantastic restaurant, with a spectacular view and Joan answered all of our questions and more!! The driver and car that she provided were top notch. She really is a ball of fun energy filled with knowledge about a spectacular country!! We ended our evening tour at a lovely wine bar restaurant in the gorgeous Birgu area. It felt like we were secretly in the wine cellar and territory of the Knight's of St. John. It was fabulous and we will never forget this trip. It was worth every penny (reasonably priced!) to feel like we saw and learned so much first hand! Well…saw it with our own eyes and learned it second hand via the wonderful and knowledgeable Joan ;)

Visited November 2013
1 Thank 007wife
You made my job so easy. Great fun to be with but at the same time absorbing all the information I was imparting. Birgu By Night was the icing on the cake. A magical tour which helps you relive the era of the Knights but at the same time experiencing social life in Malta now. I am so glad I shared it with you both. Your comments are very much appreciated.
Canmore, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Guide exceeded our expectations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

My husband and I booked a private tour of the ancient temple sites with Joan Sheriden. She was prompt, knowledgeable, had excellent English, energetic, and just delightful to spend a whole day with. She used our time wisely and squeezed in a few surprises too. We also enjoyed talking with Joan about modern day Malta and it's economic advancement. We have used top notch private guides in Rome, Florence, Istanbul, and Ephesus - all excellent - but Joan was even better!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Donna B
Thanks a lot for your comments Donna. Your interest in our archaeological sites and your enthusiasm made my day. Apart from archaeology we discussed so many different topics that eight hours were certainly not enough. I am very pleased that you enjoyed the day so much.
Province of Cadiz, Spain
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great private tour of Malta”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

We were recently on a cruise & wanted to make the most of our day in Malta. My husband did a lot of research of the best trips & chose Joan after reading great reviews - we were not disappointed. From the booking, through meeting us off the ship & through the whole day was excellent. My husband had spent 5 years in Malta as a child & she made sure that she included individual places he wanted to see. Joan was incredibly knowledgeable on all the sites she showed us including archaeolgy, history & art, she made everything very interesting. We will definately return to Malta & book Joan again - thank you Joan for giving us a memorable trip.

Visited October 2013
Despite the fact that you were here so long ago you still had great enthusiasm for the island. I was amazed at how much you remembered when we located your street and your house. I am very pleased you chose me to bring back so many memories of Malta and hope that you will both return to discover more of the island.