“Golden bay beach.”
Review of Golden Bay

Reviewed January 24, 2014

Golden Bay beach. On a hot day you get lots of visitors there in cars and also a bus that goes to the beach. A bar and restaurant . Places to get snacks etc. There is a watch tower you can go in and climb up but unfortunately for me I didn't manage to go to top as the steps are very narrow and made of glass I just thought I cant do it so turned round but if I get the chance again I will try again. But I am not keen on heights , but would of thought they would of made a more convenient way of making the steps . The young man outside said yes the steps are very awkward and many people don't manage it. I am quite fit but was a little nervous. Worth a look. Beautiful panoramic views , if nothing else you will love the views. And try to go up the watch tower only a donation to climb up . Go on try and get up that tower.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

We were staying in St Julians and had several trips out. We had tried Melieha/Ghadira bay and enjoyed that and thought we'd try somewhere different. Thankfully it was an easy trip on the 225 bus although it did take almost an hour to get there. We travelled at the end of October and so the buses were quiet but I can imagine they get rammed in the summer. The bus stops right at the top of the bay and it is only a short walk down the hill to the beach. When you get off the bus there is a bar right there which is handy for a coffee and changing into swimming gear. The beach was really nice and all enclosed so safe for the kids. It's quite a small beach but it was big enough and the water was clean and clear. There were loads of bins everywhere and the beach was cleaner than some of the other places we had seen. The cafe on the beach was nice and we recommend the Sicilian Arancini which our kids devoured! We didn't venture to the neighbouring Ghajn tuffiehan beach but that too is supposed to be nice, albeit a bit inaccessible with young kids. Would definitely recommend a trip out there.

2  Thank rearcardoor
Reviewed October 31, 2013

This is one of the good beaches on the island of Malta. Most places are rock but here you have a very nice sandy beach. It is a small place and nothing more then the beach. There are a few restaurants to get a drink and snacks or meals. The water was very clean and very calm. We where there mid week so it was not too busy. Not sure if it gets very busy on weekends.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

The hotel we were staying at recommended Golden Bay and Mellieha Bay for good sandy beaches. Golden Bay is definitely the better one of the two. The water is shallow, clear & very clean. We even took our own snorkelling gear and found plenty of fish. It was a wonderful experience. It was quite busy even for October however it still felt serene and beautiful. We had to take a bus from St Julian's to get there (approx 40 mins) but well worth the travel, went back again that is how much we loved it! There are also water sports available. We did the parasailing & paddle boats - fun activities! There are a few cafes to choose from as well which is handy when spending the day at the sea!

Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

The first part of the water (shallow part) was very oily. Once you get past that bit your ok. The sand is full of rubbish so I was stepping on straws and bits of junk all the time. Wear shoes.

1  Thank MsBorda