“Very little by little”

Cuisines: Asian
Mosta, Malta
“Very little by little”
Reviewed July 6, 2012

When I asked a friend for a recommendation for a good Chinese restaurant, I was expecting a lot more than we got at Little by Little. When we arrived we thought twice about going in. It looked just like a take away with a few plastic tables and chairs.

We decided to give it a go just for the experience, as the price was reasonable on their meal offers. The first strange thing was ordering a drink and they only had bottles of pop (no alcohol) which came in the bottle, minus the lid, without glasses.

The food at least was cooked fresh but the quality was poor - really bad take away quality, not what you'd expect from a "restaurant".

The next surprise was when the food was ready. It was brought to our table on a plastic tray, in the typical metal cartons with the cardboard lids, plastic plates and plastic cutlery. The spring rolls were presented in their take out paper bag.

We honestly just laughed. I wasn't impressed but we carried on. The food was just ok, nothing more than that.

So, if you want a nice meal in a restaurant, don't come here. If you want a cheap take away with no frills you will probably like it. This was just like buying a take out but sitting in to eat it.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank Amy J

Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Oh my god, how can you be that bad!?”
Reviewed March 16, 2012

It could not be a worse Asian restaurant in the area! We ordered some soups with Thai curry green rice. Not only did you have to pay right after ordering at till, but also you weren't even brought the food to your table. You had to pick it up yourself.
The soup was tasteless like water with some potato starch and bits of mushrooms in it. I wanted an extra dip of soya sauce, had to pay extra 50c! Vegetables were burnt and of bad quality. No spices on the table, trays like in McDonalds. All in plastic cups and plates, no real cutlery.
We also actually saw the chef picking his ear and admiring it afterwards!! The most disgusting people found on Earth! He was also the person cooking your food. Oh my God, I just only hope they'll close the place rather quickly!
One good thing, rather cheap. But is irrelevant to inedible dishes.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank Lukasz A
Haz-Zebbug, Malta
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrible”
Reviewed February 13, 2012

The restaurant was very quiet for a Saturday which comes to no surprise considering the way clients are treated. The prices are relatively cheap however the food isn’t particularly great.

My main disappointment was the stuff. They are very unprofessional and rude which comes to no surprise considering the way they are treated. We witnessed the head chef (later got to know he is the owner) shouting at several of his waiters. Since the restaurant has an open kitchen the clients witnessed the chef telling off his stuff – a scene which I would have rather avoided.

This is a place I urge you to avoid !!

• Visited February 2012