“excellent”

Golden Bay Horse Riding
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to one of the Longest standing Riding Schools in Malta, established in 1981 that has been run by the same Family since then! With this experience behind us, you can feel confident that we will look after you whilst you enjoy some of the most scenic views our tiny Island has to offer in one of the most natural and tranquil ways possible, on horseback!
Island of Malta, Malta
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014

Would highly recommend golden bay horse riding. Many thanks to staff for being patient &kind with my grandson who was a bit scared when he first went on horse they where great with him & he really enjoyed the he trek.I was a bit unsure my self as I've never done horse riding but I'm glad I did as it was a great experience.staff & horses where great.Will b back.thank u.

1 Thank Jean D

• Turkish first
Nottingham, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“A great horse ride”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

We have just returned from a ride with Golden Bay Horse Riding.
We have been on other horse riding trips elsewhere and this was one of the best. Our son is a bit nervous around horses because of previous experiences. Today he was put fully at ease and now is a lot less nervous.
The ride was excellent and the scenery was beautiful. This company really looks after their horses and they were of very good temperament.
The owners are also good at pairing the right horses with the right riders.
Overall a great trip and highly recommended.

Exeter, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“A super riding experience with beautiful scenery”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2014

The owner and staff made us feel very welcome. We were carefully matched to the horses and were watched over throughout the ride. Many thanks, John.

Harrogate, United Kingdom
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2014

This is well worth doing and the scenery is wonderful. Our host was very amenable and horses just superb - you will not be disappointed.

Visited March 2014
71 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 84 helpful votes
“A Must for any visitor to Malta”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014

I admit that before doing this I had my reservations. I had never been on a horse and had images of my limp body being dragged for miles over rocky terrain by a deranged colt.

Thankfully these fears were unfounded. The owner is really welcoming and friendly and chose horses that best suited me and my wife. My horse was really calm and sensitive, (I think it was called Bailey) and I felt as though I had built up a telepathic rapport with it by the end of the hour long ride.

Travelling by horse is arguably the best way to see the island, or at least a decent slice of the terrain. Golden Bay is also a lot cheaper than any other horse riding set up I had seen (on the internet at least).

The man looks after the horses really well - he advised us to be gentle as the horses don't like people being rough with them (despite the best efforts of certain other tourists), and he does all their medical care himself. They seem happy horses.

The bus number 225 goes from St Julians (where we were staying), otherwise I think it is a 41 (or 40 something at least) that goes from Valletta main bus terminal. Even if it isn't, bus maps are available at the main terminal in Valletta. It is also known as Ghajn Tuffieha in Maltese, so be warned when looking for buses.

It cost 20euros each for an hour.

Visited March 2014