“Golden Bay horse riding, Malta”

Golden Bay Horse Riding
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to one of the Longest standing Riding Schools in Malta, established in 1981 that has been run by the same Family since then! With this experience behind us, you can feel confident that we will look after you whilst you enjoy some of the most scenic views our tiny Island has to offer in one of the most natural and tranquil ways possible, on horseback!
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Excellent yard, well maintained, horses well cared for. Thoroughly enjoyed a one hour ride in the Maltese sunshine. My husband was very well looked after as a novice rider, sadly rising trot remains elusive for him! Lovely views but the rocky terrain allows short bursts of speed only. All in all, highly recommended

1  Thank HCM164

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Emailed Mario before my holiday to arrange a sunset ride 30 Euros for 90mins, 2 euros each for pick up from hotel. The public bus does stop pretty close to the stables. I was disappointed that they dont do different rides for experienced riders and I had to join the ride with novice riders. Mario gave me a fisty horse called Whisky to keep me entertained and let me go at the front of the ride. Whisky was a handful and I enjoyed my ride on him - he was full of cheeky fun. My mum who is a complete novice, came along and was kept safe on a lead rein. She rode Pedro and another lady rode Storm. Storm was lovely. The other horses behaved perfectly. The terrain is horrid and rocky but there were a couple of places for a canter. The views are stunning. The horses are very well cared for, perfect weight, well fitting tack, good feet and after the ride Mario put rugs on them and gave them their tea.

4  Thank JodyPilkington
Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Myself and two others did the sunset ride last week (march 2013)
Collected from our hotel - we arrived and thought the worse when we couldn't see a horse!
However then it changed approx 15 horses all ready to go - in perfect condition - very well looked after!!
Mario - wow those horses listen to his every word! Horse control at its best!!
The views on the ride - simply breath taking!
€30 - hour and half ride - for me best bit of my holiday!

Lovely couple - stunning horses !!
Try it / all levels of riding!!
Will b back in summer!!

Reviewed December 17, 2012

We really enjoyed our time with Mario and his wonderful horses. Everything was as advertised and the price was quite reasonable. We hope to return and ride again. We were especially grateful that he accommodated our smallest child by letting him ride with his Mom while the horse was led by Mario. The scenery was beautiful and it was obvious that the animals are well cared for. This was the highlight of the trip for our girls.

Reviewed November 27, 2012 via mobile

Went for horse riding with all the family as part of my daughter birthday present,the owners are very welcoming I have my kids which are under the age of 8 they both had a horse for there own to ride Tonic&Pernod,we didn't get the names of the other 2 horses,our kids where well looked after the instructor holded them with a rope and look after them all the way it's was surprisingly long walk worth's it's money,will definitely be back,the horses which there are plenty of are all well looked after they are so tamed,after the ride what surprised me is that all the horses knew where each place was,thanks keep it up.