“Fantastic”

Golden Bay Horse Riding
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to one of the Longest standing Riding Schools in Malta, established in 1981 that has been run by the same Family since then! With this experience behind us, you can feel confident that we will look after you whilst you enjoy some of the most scenic views our tiny Island has to offer in one of the most natural and tranquil ways possible, on horseback!
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Thoroughly enjoyed the experience on 24th October 2012. Not a regular rider but felt very safe on Gin. I appreciated being collected from the Riviera Hotel and taken back at the end.
Thank you very much.

in 32 reviews
"beginners"
in 43 reviews

Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

The service from mario was great, and the ride itself was really good, sunset along the plains of golden bay. Lovely views, sole complaint was that it wasn't along the beach as website suggests, but not a big complaint as still an enjoyable ride, for a really reasonable price. Thanks!

Reviewed September 19, 2012

I booked this through my hotel and the stables arranged pick up and return to my hotel. Do wear long or three quarter length trousers if you are a beginner - riding hats are provided by the stable.

I enjoyed a beautiful sunset horse ride lasting hour and half. The horse riding stable staff are friendly and team you up with an appropriate horse suitable for beginners and experienced riders.

I rode Storm a gentle giant 16.3 high horse from Tunisia. I was inexperienced but led by the trainer holding a lead. This was for several of us but did not ruin the horse ride, the lead was hardly noticed at all. I felt safe and sound. At the end of this beautiful evening ride I was allowed time to pat Storm and say goodbye whilst the other horses were being tendered to for the evening close. The views are beautiful.Try it!

1  Thank Anthea26
Reviewed September 11, 2012

I have just come back from Malta,( Aug 30th - 8th Sept 2012 ) I decided I would really love to try this as I hadnt ridden for 20 years so I chose the 1 hour ride. I was put at ease straight away as I wanted a quiet horse. I was given Gin a lovely chestnut he was very well behaved and he put me at ease. I would just like to thank everyone at the stables your horses are beautiful and well looked after. Thanks to my partner I have lovely photos of myself and Gin. The scenery was beautiful. My ride was on 4th September, the day after the storms.

See more reviews
Reviewed August 9, 2012

This was my second sunset ride and it didn't disappoint. The owners are very thorough but you need to be honest with them. They made sure people were suited to their horses and if in any doubt about experience lead ropes were used. Typically when asked if they could ride several people said yes but when questioned further it was established that they had had a few hours on a horse, hardly jockey material. I've ridden lots of times but usually on holiday on docile ponies so always highlight than I'm a novice

1  Thank Tyso_kitten