“Excellent products”

Ta' Mena Estate
Ranked #1 of 13 things to do in Xaghra
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Ta’ Mena Estate is the first agri-tourism complex in the Maltese Islands. This estate offers an experience with a difference where our guests will be in touch with nature and tradition, enjoying typical foods, wines and liqueurs with a touch of the Mediterranean sunshine.At Ta’ Mena we produce typical Gozitan products, making use of traditional recipes which were passed over to us by our forefathers. These include the very popular Sun- dried Sweet Tomato Paste (Kunserva Helwa), Pickled Onions, Olives in Oil, Wild Capers in Vinegar, Cold Pressed Extra Virgin Olive Oil, various liqueurs and dessert wines and Gozo Peppered Cheese-lets amongst others.We at Ta’ Mena Estate grow our own grapes to produce great wines with a particular Gozitan character. We are proud that ten of our blends have been certified as GOZO D.O.K. Wines (Certified Denomination of Origin) which is the highest wine certification for Maltese wines. We also have two I.G.T. wines which certify that they have been produced from Gozo grown grapes.Therefore when you are visiting Gozo come and visit us at Ta’ Mena Estate for free wine and food tastings. We promise that you will not be disappointed!
Reviewed March 1, 2014

I stayed in Gozo for a week and did my food shopping there. The products I bought (cheese, fruits, jams etc) were excellent and very reasonably priced. I recommend the prickly pear jam !

Joseph S, Owner at Ta' Mena Estate, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Thank you very much for your compliments. Hope to see you again in our estate.

All reviews
"working farm"
"lovely wine"
"preserves"

Reviewed February 26, 2014

I really enjoyed the experience. It was so relaxing. The place is lovely, the food and the wine was very much to my liking. I think it is perfect because I felt pampered. Good food and wine, good company, great host.

Joseph S, Owner at Ta' Mena Estate, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

Thank you very much for your comments. Hope to welcome you again in our estate where we will be adding more attractions in the near future.

Best regards

Reviewed February 16, 2014

We really enjoyed our tour of Ta Mena, and it was fantastic to see the wonderful products that are made on the estate. We enjoyed two excellent pizzas, freshly cooked in front of us. and some wonderful antipasti - the pickled onions are amazing, the sheep's cheese was exquisite. The wine is perfect, crisp, clear and smooth and only 5 euros a bottle. We tried both red (Arion) and rose (Gregal). We walked up to the top of the olive grove for beautiful views of Marsalforn valley - George the friendly dog came with us. We went away laden with lovely food and we will be back for more. We would thoroughly recommend this experience. Thank you!

Joseph S, Owner at Ta' Mena Estate, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Thank you very much for your lovely comments. Looking forward to welcoming you again in our estate where we are adding new attractions. See you soon and thanks once again.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

Whenever I'm in Gozo I always make sure to stop by the Ta Mena Estate to buy some wine or any of their food products (like quail eggs, sundried tomato conserve, olive oil...). Last time round I had the opportunity to visit for lunch. While the owners will insist that they do not run a restaurant, the food and the wine were fantastic. It's run in a way which makes it feel like you're at lunch at a friend's house.

1  Thank JDFarrugia
Joseph S, Owner at Ta' Mena Estate, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

Thank you very much for your comments. Looking forward to welcoming you again in our estate. Look out for the wine festivals and other special occasions that we intend to organise in the coming months.

See more reviews
Reviewed February 8, 2014

I came across the products through some friends and I absolutely fell in love! I made it a point to visit Ta Mena estates on my next visit to Gozo in order to supply myself with some products...what my husband & I found there was a pleasant surprise...great family running this agritourism & an adventure in all senses but especially in tastes! Some great wines & genuine Gozitan products! Keep up the good work!

Joseph S, Owner at Ta' Mena Estate, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Thank you very much for your compliments. Looking forward to meet you again soon.