“Relaxation comes naturally in this atmosphere”
Review of Ta' Mena Estate

Ta' Mena Estate
Ranked #1 of 13 things to do in Xaghra
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Ta’ Mena Estate is the first agri-tourism complex in the Maltese Islands. This estate offers an experience with a difference where our guests will be in touch with nature and tradition, enjoying typical foods, wines and liqueurs with a touch of the Mediterranean sunshine.At Ta’ Mena we produce typical Gozitan products, making use of traditional recipes which were passed over to us by our forefathers. These include the very popular Sun- dried Sweet Tomato Paste (Kunserva Helwa), Pickled Onions, Olives in Oil, Wild Capers in Vinegar, Cold Pressed Extra Virgin Olive Oil, various liqueurs and dessert wines and Gozo Peppered Cheese-lets amongst others.We at Ta’ Mena Estate grow our own grapes to produce great wines with a particular Gozitan character. We are proud that ten of our blends have been certified as GOZO D.O.K. Wines (Certified Denomination of Origin) which is the highest wine certification for Maltese wines. We also have two I.G.T. wines which certify that they have been produced from Gozo grown grapes.Therefore when you are visiting Gozo come and visit us at Ta’ Mena Estate for free wine and food tastings. We promise that you will not be disappointed!
Reviewed February 26, 2014

I really enjoyed the experience. It was so relaxing. The place is lovely, the food and the wine was very much to my liking. I think it is perfect because I felt pampered. Good food and wine, good company, great host.

Joseph S, Owner at Ta' Mena Estate, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

Thank you very much for your comments. Hope to welcome you again in our estate where we will be adding more attractions in the near future.

Best regards

Reviewed February 16, 2014

We really enjoyed our tour of Ta Mena, and it was fantastic to see the wonderful products that are made on the estate. We enjoyed two excellent pizzas, freshly cooked in front of us. and some wonderful antipasti - the pickled onions are amazing, the sheep's cheese was exquisite. The wine is perfect, crisp, clear and smooth and only 5 euros a bottle. We tried both red (Arion) and rose (Gregal). We walked up to the top of the olive grove for beautiful views of Marsalforn valley - George the friendly dog came with us. We went away laden with lovely food and we will be back for more. We would thoroughly recommend this experience. Thank you!

Joseph S, Owner at Ta' Mena Estate, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Thank you very much for your lovely comments. Looking forward to welcoming you again in our estate where we are adding new attractions. See you soon and thanks once again.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

Whenever I'm in Gozo I always make sure to stop by the Ta Mena Estate to buy some wine or any of their food products (like quail eggs, sundried tomato conserve, olive oil...). Last time round I had the opportunity to visit for lunch. While the owners will insist that they do not run a restaurant, the food and the wine were fantastic. It's run in a way which makes it feel like you're at lunch at a friend's house.

1  Thank JDFarrugia
Joseph S, Owner at Ta' Mena Estate, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

Thank you very much for your comments. Looking forward to welcoming you again in our estate. Look out for the wine festivals and other special occasions that we intend to organise in the coming months.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

I came across the products through some friends and I absolutely fell in love! I made it a point to visit Ta Mena estates on my next visit to Gozo in order to supply myself with some products...what my husband & I found there was a pleasant surprise...great family running this agritourism & an adventure in all senses but especially in tastes! Some great wines & genuine Gozitan products! Keep up the good work!

Joseph S, Owner at Ta' Mena Estate, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Thank you very much for your compliments. Looking forward to meet you again soon.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

My husband and I went to GOZO for the day by ferry. Visited various sites and attractions, and while looking for a winery we came across this little gem called Ta' Mena. From the outside it looks like a little kiosk off the street, broken down doors, a few fruits and vegies and that was about it until we walked inside.....We were greeted by one of the owners, or rather relative of the owner who proceeded to welcome us with a tour of "the farm" - met her father in law, pipe in hand, towing food for the little goat in tow, we were given a navel orange just picked off the tree and I have yet to taste one like that in my entire life! Then she invited us to take a walk around the entire farm and gardens and she would prepare a wine tasting for us. With clothes hung on the clothesline, goals feeding, geese and swans and ducks singing their choruses, rabbits jumping about, chickens and fresh eggs for sale, peacocks and pheasants, goals and more goats, sheep, dogs, birds, parrots, pidgeons, and the list goes on....we saw fruit trees of every sort, including mulberry, pear, peach, orange, lemon and lime, fresh rosemary parsley, oregano, marjoram, mint and more.......found our way back to the main outside "kitchen" so to speak with jars and jars and bottles of homemade preserves, fresh fig cakes for sale, fruit, nuts, almonds, garlic, shallots, homemade cheese, sheep and goat, and wine that was excellent that they grow the grapes on their own land and make the wine right there - unbelievable. I wish I could think of the woman's name, Margese, or something like that, she was wonderful, hospitable, had stories that never ended and served us sandwiches with homemade tomato sauce from sun-ripened tomatoes that they dried on their roof, cheeses, bread, more bread, four kinds of wine, salami from the local butcher, fresh butter, and on and on and on.......What a treat behind the little door - I'd say it was a five star experience! A MUST see. . .on the Isle of Gozo, Malta. They also make their own liquers, like lemoncillo, prickly pear liquor, orange and mandarin liquors, carob syrup from their own trees, honey, more jams and marmalades, picked onions, capers, olives, and sun dried tomatoes.
They also have events, weddings, and more. Check them outwww.tamena-gozo.com

Joseph S, Owner at Ta' Mena Estate, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Thank you so much for your review. Never had one like that and we appreciate your comments a lot. They encourage us to keep going. In a couple of months we will be launching new attractions in our estate and also the cellars in our winery. We hope that you can visit us again to enjoy the new set up.

Marnése, my wife sends her regards