The idea of a house was great. We loved that we had our own pool. My two boys spent almost every minute we were at the house in the pool! With that said there were a lot of negatives. There was no hand soap so we had to buy some at the grocery store. The TV didn't work or we couldn't figure out how to work it. It wasn't that big of a deal because we were in Malta but with two kids it would have been nice in the heat of the day. There was no air conditioner. We live in Italy so we understand not wanting to use the AC but it was really hot at night and you couldn't turn the fans any higher than low. The beds were close to awful and the pillows were even worse. I have slept on more comfortable beds in Italy and they have the worst. The lights in some of the rooms didn't work so it was very dark in the evening and at night. There wasn't enough toilet paper so we had to buy some. There were no wash rags. There wasn't enough hot water to use the jacuzzi. There was barely enough to wash your hair and your body and it wasn't hot water. It was warm. Most of the doors wouldn't close all the way. Since it was just family it wasn't a problem but it would have been a little awkward with friends or in-laws. My last complaint is that the people above us were very very loud. They should have a quite time or something. We go to bed pretty late (around 11:30 or so) and the people were still screaming and running around. With all that said the lady Monica that looks over/owns the houses was very nice. She seemed like a very sweet lady and the young girl that worked for her was very helpful. The only problem was they were never open. We stayed a week and tried to catch them at the office 4 or 5 times at different times and they were always closed. I think we could have called but we didn't want to make international phone calls and there was no phone in the house. The view from the balcony was beautiful and the breeze was great for drying clothes. They have a washer close to the houses that is free to use. That was very nice. Xaghra is about a 10 minute walk. There are great restaurants and a playground close to the city center. Xaghra is about the only city you can walk to comfortably. You must rent a car. Victoria is the best place to shop and its only about 5 or 10 minutes away. They have great grocery stores. When we got to the house Monica had bread, butter and ham for us. That was very nice but there was no salt or pepper. The kitchen did have just about everything you needed for cooking. Overall it was okay and we really enjoyed our week but we probably wouldn't stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bellavista Farmhouses Gozo is a family run business offering a charming collection of 21 self-catering farmhouses for rent. They are nestled in the quaint outskirts of Xaghra village, each enjoying stunning countryside views and a private pool. Each farmhouse enjoys its own private entrance. All the farmhouses have free Wifi, a fully equipped kitchen, bedrooms all ensuite, free Wifi, TV and air-conditioning. The Xaghra village square is only a pleasant 10 minute walk away. Here one can find a variety of restaurants, cafes, supermarkets, bank and a fuel station. The name 'Bellavista' acknowledges the sumptuous vistas that are the hallmark of our self-catering farmhouses. Our office lies in the heart of these farmhouses, ensuring 24-hour, prompt service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bellavista Farmhouses Gozo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bella Vista Farmhouses Hotel Xaghra
- Bellavista Farmhouses Gozo Island Of Gozo/Xaghra, Malta