“The best food in town”

Vinyard Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 51 Restaurants in Victoria
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Who we are and what we do:We are a family run business with over 20 years of catering experience.From private functions like baptism, anniversaries and birthday parties over to family and friends gatherings to simple a romantic diners.Everyone will find his share enjoying a reasonable meal in a traditional Gozitan ambient. Our secret?Simply fresh prepared dishes and we care about every single guest and would go the extra mile to provide our clients with an unforgettable dining experience.Last but not least as we would like to be prepared for you,we highly recommend to book your table in advance.
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Since my arrival in Gozo 6 days ago, I only just now have discovered this great restaurant. A best kept secret in town.
Excellent service, super food, centrally located and affordable prices.
The best mussels in town, delicious Tuna dish- their signature plate SUPER!

Joe S, Manager at Vinyard Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2014

Dear Juan,

Thank you very much for your honest and positive feedback!

It has been a pleasure to serve you that evening.
As you have a lifetime of experience in this business we felt honored that to receive such an amazing review.
We are doing our utmost to please our clients and to make their experience at the Vinyard memorable.
We wish you and your wife all the very best!

Take care,

Joe and family

There are newer reviews for Vinyard Restaurant

Reviewed July 19, 2014

1st time in Gozo, looking for a decent place to eat. Vineyard was recommended by the diving staff in Kempinski. Very polite and excellent service. The fresh fish I had - in parcel, was very tasty. My wife ordered the tuna, having seen previous reviews recommending it. The tuna was beautifully cooked - medium and looked appetizing, however, the first mouthful gave a clear flame/spirit taste to the first. Typically when the charcoal is not ready and the food is cooked with flame/lighting fuel taste.. Apparently it was meant to taste like this. I wondered if other people prefer this taste. We sent the tuna back. Although we were charged for this (€22), the manager gave us 2 ice-creams and 1 coffee free. Another point, every so often when the wind blew one catches the smell of? drain. Is it just me? Would be interested in other views over this period. Was the tuna a one off?
Otherwise great location and lovely people.

4  Thank Loves_good_food_88
Joe S, Manager at Vinyard Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2014

Dear client,

Thank you for making the time to leave your feedback!

We are certainly upset to hear that you were not as satisfied as all the other clients that evening.
Being our specialty we did serve several Tuna Steaks that night however we did not receive any feedback which was similar, not even from the group of 15 persons who had Tuna and Fiorentina Steak before your dish was served. As we never had this kind of feedback, I am unable to give you an explanation.
I do agree that the property owner next to our establishment had an issue with their water/drain system which was solved the following days.

Wishing all the best,

Reviewed July 15, 2014

Situated 5 min away from Arkadia this restaurant is able to build a wonderful atmosphere, and that close to the main road. Lovely host, very good tuna and nice steaks. Let the surimi out of your risotto and work a bit on your desserts, and you are one of my fav restaurants on Malta.

Dear Daniel,

Thank you very much for your feedback!

I appreciate that you point out our easy accessible location.
Additionally I totally agree that our dessert menu has potential but I also have to admit that 80% of our clients are always to full for desserts - that is why we have not added more desserts yet.
But summer time is a great opportunity for a nice selection of light dessert.

On behalf of our team, I would like to thank you again for your suggestions!

All the best,

Reviewed July 12, 2014

Back in beautiful Gozo means a few trips to the fabulous Vinyard to catch up with the lovely Said family and enjoy truly fabulous food. Just as good as ever. You simply could not ask for a better tuna steak, fresh and perfectly cooked. In nearly twenty years we have thoroughly enjoyed every meal there, whether a simple pasta dish, delicious steak,chicken or fish and Mrs Said's fantastic , fresh vegetable selection was, as always superb. Joey is a friendly and knowledgeable host and always ready with a warm welcome. See you next year!!!

Dear Laurie,

From the bottom of my heart, thank you for this great review!

Having you coming every single year shows us that we are doing the right thing.
We really appreciate it and look forward to proof you next year that it is worth coming to the Vinyard again;)

All the best and take care,

Reviewed June 19, 2014

I visted VINYARD RESTUARANT on vacation last summer.
It's too late to write a review...
However, I must recommend this restaurant to everyone.

Delicious dishes, luxurious atmosphere, and reasonable price!!!
It's P.E.R.F.E.C.T. restaurant.

Especially, a manager is so kind.
After dinner in there, I missed the bus to a harbor.
It was almost time for the last ship to Malta island.
I didn't know what to do...
That time, he gave me the ride and I arrived at the harbor in time.

I really appreciate him.
He is the best manager of my life.

I highly recommend VINYARD RESTUARANT:)

Joe S, Manager at Vinyard Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2014

Dear jbiny_K,

What a great surprise!!

I do remember the entire evening , when you visited last year and I truly appreciated your feedback!
Thank you so much for your kind words and I am glad that I could save you a bit of precious time by driving you to the ferry in time..
This extra mile was all worth it as I knew how much it meant to you.
On behalf of the family we wish you all the very best and thank you for the beautiful souvenir- my wife loves the fan.

Take care,