“A nice evening with a great host.”
Review of Vinyard Restaurant

Vinyard Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 56 Restaurants in Victoria
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Who we are and what we do:We are a family run business with over 20 years of catering experience.From private functions like baptism, anniversaries and birthday parties over to family and friends gatherings to simple a romantic diners.Everyone will find his share enjoying a reasonable meal in a traditional Gozitan ambient. Our secret?Simply fresh prepared dishes and we care about every single guest and would go the extra mile to provide our clients with an unforgettable dining experience.Last but not least as we would like to be prepared for you,we highly recommend to book your table in advance.
Reviewed July 15, 2014

Situated 5 min away from Arkadia this restaurant is able to build a wonderful atmosphere, and that close to the main road. Lovely host, very good tuna and nice steaks. Let the surimi out of your risotto and work a bit on your desserts, and you are one of my fav restaurants on Malta.

Joe S, Manager at Vinyard Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2014

Dear Daniel,

Thank you very much for your feedback!

I appreciate that you point out our easy accessible location.
Additionally I totally agree that our dessert menu has potential but I also have to admit that 80% of our clients are always to full for desserts - that is why we have not added more desserts yet.
But summer time is a great opportunity for a nice selection of light dessert.

On behalf of our team, I would like to thank you again for your suggestions!

All the best,

Reviewed July 12, 2014

Back in beautiful Gozo means a few trips to the fabulous Vinyard to catch up with the lovely Said family and enjoy truly fabulous food. Just as good as ever. You simply could not ask for a better tuna steak, fresh and perfectly cooked. In nearly twenty years we have thoroughly enjoyed every meal there, whether a simple pasta dish, delicious steak,chicken or fish and Mrs Said's fantastic , fresh vegetable selection was, as always superb. Joey is a friendly and knowledgeable host and always ready with a warm welcome. See you next year!!!

Dear Laurie,

From the bottom of my heart, thank you for this great review!

Having you coming every single year shows us that we are doing the right thing.
We really appreciate it and look forward to proof you next year that it is worth coming to the Vinyard again;)

All the best and take care,

Reviewed June 19, 2014

I visted VINYARD RESTUARANT on vacation last summer.
It's too late to write a review...
However, I must recommend this restaurant to everyone.

Delicious dishes, luxurious atmosphere, and reasonable price!!!
It's P.E.R.F.E.C.T. restaurant.

Especially, a manager is so kind.
After dinner in there, I missed the bus to a harbor.
It was almost time for the last ship to Malta island.
I didn't know what to do...
That time, he gave me the ride and I arrived at the harbor in time.

I really appreciate him.
He is the best manager of my life.

I highly recommend VINYARD RESTUARANT:)

Joe S, Manager at Vinyard Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2014

Dear jbiny_K,

What a great surprise!!

I do remember the entire evening , when you visited last year and I truly appreciated your feedback!
Thank you so much for your kind words and I am glad that I could save you a bit of precious time by driving you to the ferry in time..
This extra mile was all worth it as I knew how much it meant to you.
On behalf of the family we wish you all the very best and thank you for the beautiful souvenir- my wife loves the fan.

Take care,

Reviewed June 18, 2014

We visited this restaurant recently and were stunned with the delicious food we were served. We started with the mussels which were served in a delicious broth rich in flavor. The meal was then followed by fresh tuna, its flavor and texture were so deep and intense it melts in your mouth. My fiance had the ribs which as well were quite appetizing. For desert we had the delicious lemon sorbet.
Apart from the amazing food we had, the experience was made even better by the owner who made us feel very welcome.
This restaurant might not be in a very sought place such as by the beach or overlooking a nice view but it definitely is a must go in Gozo. Highly recommended.

Dear Christine,

Thank you for leaving your review at Tripadvisor!

Reading your comment makes us very proud and we are truly happy that you shared your experience.
You described exactly what we are aiming for - simple but very well seasoned and flavored food, combined with dedicated service , which both comes from the heart.
Glad to have you over and looking forward to pamper you again.

All the best,

Reviewed June 18, 2014

We visited the Vinyard twice during our one week stay in Gozo, first as a special meal for a member of our group who was 80, then on the last night before we flew home.
The owner Joe is wonderful, friendly, obliging and made us feel extremely welcome. The food is cooked fresh so do not expect to be hurried over courses, just relax and take your time, I recommend the fish platter delicious. The staff were so helpful they decorated our table with balloons, confetti and made the night one to remember.
Would like to know if the owners sister has given birth to her twins yet - see like a member of the family. Try for yourself you will not be disappointed, I cannot recommend this restaurant highly enough.

2  Thank jandslee

Dear Jandslee,

Thanks a million for your nice feedback!

I am so glad you had a great time and my entire family feels honored that this very special occasion - 80th birthday!;) was celebrated in our restaurant.
That being said, we truly appreciate that you even came again and we got another opportunity
to spoil you.
We wish your family all the very best, health and happiness.

Kindest regards,

Joe

p.s. Any day soon the baby twins will join the family.