“great food-value for money-welcoming atmosphere”
Review of Vinyard Restaurant

Vinyard Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 56 Restaurants in Victoria
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Who we are and what we do:We are a family run business with over 20 years of catering experience.From private functions like baptism, anniversaries and birthday parties over to family and friends gatherings to simple a romantic diners.Everyone will find his share enjoying a reasonable meal in a traditional Gozitan ambient. Our secret?Simply fresh prepared dishes and we care about every single guest and would go the extra mile to provide our clients with an unforgettable dining experience.Last but not least as we would like to be prepared for you,we highly recommend to book your table in advance.
Reviewed January 5, 2014

decided to eat at vinyard based on other tripadvisor reviews-was not disappointed-food exceeded expectations (swordfish is recommended)-felt welcome and at home-meal was good value for money-will definitely go again

1  Thank Mietek771

Reviewed January 4, 2014

I have to classify this restaurant amongst the best restaurants in gozo. The tuna steak with peppercorn crust is really something special. My gf ate the fillet steak.. Again excellent. Wedges.. Excellent.. Potato gratin.. excellent. Very good all round and reasonable

Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

We ate here today and, after a week in Malta and Gozo, this has been our best meal by far.
This is a 5 minute walk from town and a world apart from the tourist trap pizza and chips type of places in town.

We enjoyed some bruschetta on the house with a dry chard from the winery across the street. For the starter, we split the mussels- gorgeous tomato and cognac sauce.
The fish of the day plate didn't lie. I had the salmon (never frozen, grilled with crispy skin, yum) with a bur sauce and the wife had sea brim. Both served with veg and gratin potatoes.. Both excellent. Oh, and the (local) limoncello is terrific- not too sweet (think citrus flower, not rind). Prices in line with other places around.

Staff was very friendly and made time to ensure we were happy as. Clear that they have the hospitality sorted.

Will definitely come again.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

Visited today, staff are very welcoming and friendly. Everyone who wanted to dine walked in at the same time so it took over 2 hours to do a starter and main course. Starters were ok you but can't get soup and bruschetta wrong. Under staffed and main courses were under cooked and cold and I think this is because they were not prepared for a busy Sunday lunch. Vegetarian options are really poor with a couple if starters and one main meal on the menu. Tables were a good size and you were not closed in while eating but we won't go back...

Joe S, Manager at Vinyard Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2014

Dear Clare,

Thank you for your feedback!

We are certainly a bit upset to receive such a negative comment at the end of a successful year.
However we do take your feedback seriously and I agree it was a busy afternoon on that Sunday.
As advised during your meal already we were certainly not prepared for the amount of clients as we had only 7 guests booked and not 35.
I do not want to come up with excuses but I do think it is important to get an entire overview about what happened.
I can assure you that every single client is very important to us and if I had an indication that you were unsatisfied with your meal, I would have taken the opportunity to change anything than and there.
We apply the "first come, first service" rule and as all our dishes are freshly made and prepared to order, it did take longer than usual and my sincere apology for that.
I can only agree with you that as a restaurant which is specialized in meat dishes, we do not have a large selection of vegetarian dishes. Nevertheless as recommended in our menu we are open for any special requests ( everything is freshly made anyway).
I do pity that you will not come back to our restaurant as I wish to show you our great hospitality and pamper you with our food.
My entire team and family wish you only the very best.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

I was having dinner with my family at this restaurant on 24th december.

The restaurant is a family business. Very good meals. Professional employees. The reputation is very good. The prices are a bit higher than in other restaurants but therefore the quality of the meals is higher as well.

I can recommend the restaurant with 100%.