“Excellent meal, very friendly owner” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Vinyard Restaurant

Vinyard Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 45 Restaurants in Victoria
Cuisines: Mediterranean, European, International, Grill
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Who we are and what we do:We are a family run business with over 20 years of catering experience.From private functions like baptism, anniversaries and birthday parties over to family and friends gatherings to simple a romantic diners.Everyone will find his share enjoying a reasonable meal in a traditional Gozitan ambient. Our secret?Simply fresh prepared dishes and we care about every single guest and would go the extra mile to provide our clients with an unforgettable dining experience.Last but not least as we would like to be prepared for you,we highly recommend to book your table in advance.
Brussels, Belgium
“Excellent meal, very friendly owner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

We had a delicious meal here after reading reviews on TripAdvisor. It is a bit of a walk from the town centre but on the bus route towards the ferry port. As has been mentioned before the owner, Joe is a delightfully friendly character but unfortunately he had plenty time to chat as we were the only guests that night (a Tuesday). He told us the story of how he has lost business over the last couple of years due to many roadworks right in front of the restaurant and we hope that business will increase for him now as the meals we ate were fantastic - superbly fresh produce, nicely presented and very good value for money.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Tartan-Chocolate

• Polish first
Island of Malta, Malta
“Just Great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

We visited this restaurant whilst on a trip to Gozo. We really did enjoy the great food and exceptional service they offered. It was not our first time here and we look forward to re-visit this restaurant again. A big thank you and well done to the owner who couldn't be more friendly and welcoming! Would recommend to anyone!

Southampton, England, United Kingdom
“Great service and lovely food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

This lovely restaurant is currently being re-establisehd by its owner, having been blighted by road improvements over the last couple of years. The owner is doing a windeful job - excellent, attentive service, great fresh food cooked to order, and no request too difficult. I had a fabulous fresh oven baked sea bream cooked in white wine - delicate flavours and light fluffy flesh excellently complimented by mouth-watering caramelised aubergines, courgettes, carrots and vine tomatoes. My son had a beautiful pepper coated tuna steak, my other son ate octopus and my husband enjoyed futtucine with avacado and gorgonzola. This all followed delicious starters of mussels, caprese salad, salmon salad with honey dressing and bruschetta (yes, definitely the best I've had and I spend half of my time in Rome!) Local wines were excellent and reasonably priced. If anything, the portions were over generous. And the additional appetizers of cold meats, olives etc though welcomed were unnecessary. We had a great time and would defnitely recommend Joe and his lovely restaurant to anyone.

Houston, Texas
“I don't know what to say...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

Not exactly sure how to review this place...The service was top notch, friendly and accommodating. They made a risotto dish to order. They provided a complimentary appetizer. It was VERY quiet that night we dined there, only our table of 4 and one other couple. Granted we were early, around 7:30/8:00 on a Thursday evening in late June and I hope that things picked up for them because I am not sure how you keep a restaurant running with only 6 customers. My husband had a mixed fish plate, my daughter had risotto and really I can't remember what I or my other daughter ate, which frankly is a testament to the mediocrity of the food. The food on the whole was rather average or in some instance below average. I would give it a 5 for service and maybe a 4 for atmosphere and a 2 at best for food/value. I would love to give this place the benefit of the doubt...we were tried that evening and maybe nothing would have struck us as great. With that said I really wouldn't make an effort to eat there again and really rate this as the 2nd worst meal we had on our 3 week holiday. I feel bad giving this review but that is honestly our opinion.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Joe S, Manager at Vinyard Restaurant, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear estimated client,
first and fare most I would like to thank you for visiting our restaurant.
My name is Joe and I am the restaurant owner, who served you that night.
I appreciate your feedback about our restaurant as I am always open for new ideas and improvement.
Having said that I provide my clients with enjoyable and pleasant dining experience and if I would have any indication that evening that you did not feel that way, I would have done my utmost to change your opinion you have now about our restaurant.
I am truly sorry that your meal: Fettucini Carbonara, Mixed Fish platter, Home made Chicken Kiev and Risotto have not met your expectations as our passionate chef is dedicated to prepare your order to your liking.
As we care about every single client, I certainly appreciate if you would like to contact me under my personal email address joevinyard@hotmail.com to explain me in detail what exactly was irritating your diner.
I am looking forward to your feedback.

Kindest regards,
Joe
Lancashire
“Great service and good value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

Picked this place for good reviews and it was not disappointing! Very good quality and plentiful food excellent service and a very pleasant evening to start our weeks stay on Gozo!
A little out side of the centre of the Capitol Victoria but we walked from Kercem and it was fine - we walked back too!

Visited June 2013