“Fabulous night out, quality food in lovely surroundings with professional staff.”
Review of Maldonado Bistro

Ranked #7 of 66 Restaurants in Victoria
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Wine Bar
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: You'll need to explore the backstreets of Victoria to find food worth hunting for, but once here you'll be glad you did.Off the tourist track and with none of the traps, Maldonado Bistro is the sort of place only locals know about but with the food and ambiance to charm all. Our menu is a satisfying mix of the best local delicacies, bruschetta, pasta, grills and salads. So go exploring and discover a spot to treasure.
Reviewed June 15, 2019

We were lost looking for our accommodation when we happened upon this restaurant. It is housed in a beautiful stone building on a side street. The restaurant staff were very professional, with Rafael from Perpignan deserving a special mention. The decor is lovely with nicely framed prints of Malta on the walls and lots of plants. For starters we had the Mediterranean Falafel and the Twice Baked Gozo Cheese Souffle with almonds; for mains we had the Grilled Tuna and the Persian Chicken; we shared an Apple Crumble for desert. This plus sparkling water and a bottle of white wine - Hauteville Viognier, came to €81.00 for a superb meal.
The staff really made this feel like a special night out for us and we both enjoyed our visit immensely despite being tired from overdoing the sightseeing on Gozo and the heat. I would have liked to have some bread served on arrival as I was famished - it did arrive after we got our starter which I expect was a slip-up and I would not let this detract from an excellent meal overall in a top class establishment. If I was staying longer in Gozo I would have returned to try out more of the menu!

Date of visit: June 2019

Reviewed June 9, 2019

We had some difficulty locating the bistro: it was tucked away in a back street and a little out of the way (although not too far from St Georges Square). Our starter of lambs cheese souffle with almonds and wilted spinach was really good. I had the rabbit for my main course which was very good indeed. My husband had the chicken and maltese sausage cassolet. He didn't like the sausage but the rest of his meal was very tasty. The local bottle of chardonay (Delicato) went down very well with our meal. We would not hesitate to return if we visit Gozo again.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed June 9, 2019 via mobile

The place is beautiful, the food is good but for me the menu is limited in options. The bread is so good, the staff is super friendly..

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed May 31, 2019 via mobile

Fabulous meal.

Great service, amazing food and well priced.

We enjoyed it so much I’ve recommended it to my parents to go tonight.

Very tempted to move to Gozo just for this restaurant.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed May 28, 2019 via mobile

Lovely atmosphere, service, food and wine! A definite best place to eat in Victoria, Gozo. Fabulous bread too! And our server was the best, on her first day at Maldonado, although we met the night before at another restaurant on the main square that was not nearly so good.
The local cheese Souffle starter was dreamy.
Thank you!