“Two great nights at the Jubilee”
Review of Cafe Jubilee

Cafe Jubilee
Ranked #8 of 56 Restaurants in Victoria
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 4, 2012

My wife and I visited twice , on both nights we were greeted at the door by friendly staff. The second night was the final of euro 2012 which made for a really good atmosphere in the square. Great food , good beer and our waitress had a good sense of humour. We loved this place and hope to return.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

Excellent food! Something different from the standard burgers/fries/etc.
We had salad/pasta and the produce was really fresh.
Easy to find; on the main square of Victoria, just below the cittadel.
Don't miss the Jubilee store to the left of the restaurant; the sell biodynamic, local food such as the Gozo cheeze, Limonchello, Capers, Tomato Paste etc. Same stuff that is served in the restaurant.
Don't miss this place if you're in Victoria.

Reviewed July 1, 2012

An unusual decor welcomes the local and traveller alike in the centre of Victoria, Gozo. Near the main attractions it serves food thoughout the day until 10 in the evening and provides an excellent venue for weary tourists looking for refreshment. The fare is what the English would call pub food but with a local twist. Good value and attentive service are its hallmarks.

Reviewed June 22, 2012

Whilst walking towards the Citadel, I found this oldey worldey cafe and decided to have a coffee and read the newspaper. There were people sitting alone or in pairs or groups chatting away in English and Maltese. They glanced up momentarily as I awkwardly found myself a table where I hoped to be inconspicuous. I moved up to front of the cafe and sat next to a couple. Both were engrossed in each other so I settled down, ordered my cafe latte and soaked in the atmosphere.

The ambience if this cafe is calm and laid back. The music was soft yet upbeat. I think it was a mixture of jazz and blues. Here it seemed that time was not important and people could linger and muse over a quiet drink alone or to chance upon a familiar face and say hello.

I would definitely come back again the next time I was here in order to get away from the dusty main street of Victoria which I am told is being dug up to accomodate fibre optics, utilities and space large enough to accomodate maintenence crews. That's progress!

Cafe Jubilee is a haven from the streets of an increasingly busy Victoria, the capital of Gozo. It has a unique charm which epitomises Gozo and takes you back in time....

Reviewed June 9, 2012