“Poor service.”
Review of main square - CLOSED

main square
Cuisines: International
Reviewed April 14, 2014

The restaurant itself is set in an impressive old building with a rooftop terrace for eating however the service is poor. We got our food which was ok, nothing special and I had to leave my seat to ask for salt, a spoon and marnesan cheese for the pasta. Everything was slow and Ill prepared, wouldn't recommend.

1  Thank Jon9344

Reviewed September 29, 2013

We saw the roof garden and thought that looks very nice. But that was the only nice part of the deal. Rest was all bad and I wanted to walk out in the first 10 mins. I wish I had checked tripadvisor before I go in there.

3  Thank Otto M
Reviewed September 14, 2013

My boyfriend and I were attracted by the roof terrace and decided to ignore all this reviews and go for it. Upon our arrival on the roof we Immediately noticed something wired as we so only one waitress with over 15 tables. The waitress immediately sow as and welcomed us to accommodate ourselves, we were recommended a local fish, which we were very pleased of it. The other waiter instead of helping the waitress he was arguing with her , we asked the waiter to get us some drinks and after 30 hour waiting he came and said sorry but not available. The other waitress came down with us to pay and there we found a women shouting and drinking. I personally felt petty for that waitress upstairs ...I hope that in the short run appropriate stuff will join because its a lovely place with huge potential

Reviewed August 18, 2013

We were in Victoria for the evening of Santa Maria Festa. This is probably one of the restaurants' busiest days so you would think they would be prepared.... Not the Four Seasons. We, like others were lured by the roof terrace. We managed to get a table eventually. The head waiter was running up and down the two steps in the middle if the restaurant sweating and cursing as he rushed past the customers with one object at a time. We waited 15 minutes for a drink, which he forgot (bottled water - not difficult!) the only other waiter was a young girl who ambled around like she had all the time in the world, also just delivering one item at a time.
All the time we were there, we could hear the women in the kitchen screaming and shouting at the head waiter in some sort of domestic dispute. One customer who tried to get a table was told that he would have to wait "to allow the kitchen to recover as they were very stressed out"!
We watched in amazement as a table of 6 were served their main courses over a period of some 30 minutes, as though each dish was being cooked one at a time. We saw one customer waiting at the cash desk 15 minutes, just to pay his bill.
The table next to us ordered drinks which we saw sitting on the bar for some 20 mins, so the lager must have been nice and warm!
We saw 7 people walk out!
It was the worst restaurant experience I have ever had - and we didn't even eat there! - after waiting over an hour for our food, we left! Two tables who had ordered before us, still hadn't got their food by then!
With its consistently bad reviews it is a wonder that it is still running, it seems its location and pleasant roof terrace are what draw people in. If you relish a Fawlty Towers experience and aren't in any hurry, then risk it, my advise - steer clear!

3  Thank janey143
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Annoyed that I didn't follow my instincts. The outside décor looked quite jaded but we were lured by the roof terrace. It was only on the way out that we had a look around inside.
In fairness the roof terrace is a nice place to sit although a little 'rustic'. We put the poor maintenance down to being the start of the season proper. The large chap that greeted us was cleanly dressed and very polite.
I had the beef olives that were fairly flavourful but the accompanying vegetables were a little burnt. How do you burn a carrot? My wife's Sicilian pasta lacked flavour and a variety of vegetables.
You pay downstairs and they took an absolute age to come back with the change simply because they couldn't find any.

1  Thank TKPUNK