“Worst meal ever!”
Review of main square - CLOSED

main square
Cuisines: International
Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

1hr or over waiting for just a simple chicken toast and tasted terrible!! Kept with a stomac ache for a whole afternoon

1  Thank Rinoa1232

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Service ist hier ein Fremdwort bzw. nicht vorhanden / Slow resp. not existing service
Essenschlicht und ergreifen schlecht /Cold and terrible food
Ziemlich heruntergekommen und dreckig / Shabby and dirty
Wird hoffentlich bald vom Gesundheitsamt geschlossen /I wonder why the health office has not closed this place yet

Reviewed September 8, 2012

Was there last year, and on my last night there my friends and I decided to go to a nice and new place. This was had a roof to terrace and that sounded lovely. When we got there it was as if everyone was running around, it took ages to be able to order, and then it took even longer for us to get the food. A family near us had been waiting for ages for the food. I ordered a serloin steak, a friend a cesar sallad, and another one ordered a pesto pasta, these were the most horrible of the ones we ordered. The serloin steak was disgusting and horrible, the chicken in the cesar sallad had barely spent a minute in the pan, and the pesto pasta just tasted of oil. They took back the sallad and pasta, but when they got it back they'd just added salt to the pesto and the chicken was still not done.

My friend who had gotten the under cooked chicken went along the next time she sent it back, and was yelled at by the cook for not appreciating the raw chicken. We decided to leave at this point, and not pay. The owner had the gut to threaten to call the cops, and said that since I had eaten a little of the VERY EXPENSIVE (har har) serloin steak, I had to pay all of it. We got about 5€ discount on the dinner, but it was appalling.

Our server for the night told us that it was his first and last night working at that restaurant, it was too stressful, and he was treated very poorly. All in all it was the worst restaurant I have been to so far in my life. STAY AWAY

Reviewed August 8, 2012

On spur of the moment, we went to Victoria to eat, we were enticed by the idea of the roof top terrace, from here is where it all goes wrong, we were shown to a table and three menus were left with our party of four, Myself and my daughter ordered sirloin steak, one with a sauce, one without, the waitress questioned why no sauce. When this excuse for a steak arrived we could understand why, there was more fat than steak and was about 5mm thick, mine arrived with the sauce and was no better. My wife ordered a Gozitian dish of lamb, which resembled a lump of meat swimming round in lukewarm dishwater, which was totally in-edible. My son ordered a pizza which arrived a good 10 minutes after the other 3 courses, which if it had been edible, we were not able to eat as no cutlery was brought until a few minutes after the pizza arrived. We did not pay for three of the main courses, but this did not take away the fact that it ruined our evening out, as an alternative had to be found. The toilets were filthy according to my daughter. If you value your health stay away.

Reviewed July 27, 2012

Was enticed here by the prospect of eating in a "beautiful roof garden" and booked for a party of 12 to celebrate one of my children's birthday. I agreed with the owner that I would pay by credit card and accepted her offer of arranging a birthday cake.
When we got there the loos stank and there was no dryer or hand towels, the soap didn't work and the place was grubby. The food was very poor (the 'T bone' wasn't!) and very overpriced, the glasses and cutlery we had to wipe clean ourselves. No wine list - just a choice of "a red or a white"! No one ate any of the pizzas as they were greasy and tasted unpleasant. One of our party's order was completely forgotten and he didn't get his food until after we had all finished - no apology forthcoming.
The cake was an average sized plain chocolate cake - for which they charged us €45! When I requested the bill I was called away by the waitress and told the card machine wasn't working so would I mind going out "across the road to the ATM" to withdraw the best part of €300 from a nearby cashpoint! I pointed out that they had agreed payment would be by card at the time of booking. By this time, others in my party felt obliged to try to whip round amongst themselves to find the cash! I was so embarrassed. I stuck to my guns though and the waitress disappeared, returning to say that the owner said "it was ok to pay by card"?? I did pay by card - on the machine that "wasn't working" - and left very disgruntled. (Clearly had their own reasons for trying to get me to pay cash....)
Would strongly advise against eating here: very overpriced, extremely poor quality food and a very dirty establishment. One of our party had food poisoning the following day. A disaster for what should have been a great night. I just wish I had following my first instincts when I got there and saw the loos, and just walked away.

1  Thank Foillan