“Wonderful experience”

Patrick's Lounge, Restaurant & Steakhouse
Ranked #1 of 54 Restaurants in Victoria
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Steakhouse, International, Wine Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed July 10, 2014

We had a wonderful time at Patrick's on Saturday 5th July 2014 and I can safely say it was one of the best experiences I've had in a restaurant. Patrick and his staff are consummate professionals and it was refreshing to go somewhere where they know how to serve fine wines (of which the restaurant has a stunning selection) properly. The food was delicious, I can wholeheartedly recommend the Aljotta (local fish soup) and the Kobe steak was a dream!!!! I make it my business to visit this restaurant every year on my holiday and I have never been disappointed - keep up the good work!

1  Thank Sabby R

Reviewed July 6, 2014

First of all, my whole party and I love this restaurant. I have eaten here on a number of occasions and the food has been fantastic. Unfortunately I noticed a bit of a decline in our most recent visit. The decor and ambience remains second to none and service was superb. We ate with a party of 8 and as always there is plenty of time to peruse the menu, have a drink and relax. As before the wine menu is very large and alittle daunting however the staff are helpful and knowledgeable. In terms of food the quality of the dishes was not exactly as remembered, noted mostly in the starters. I had squid and found the rings cry small and with a strong taste of the cooking oil, another diner had meatballs and was disappointed. Overall the main courses were good, My main of veal ribeye was superb. Again the desserts were not as hoped and were just "ok." I do know that the restaurant is in a transition period with the menu and that Patrick was not cooking that night. This may explain some of the issues that we had and it may just be a bad night. I would still agree that this is one of the best restaurants in Gozo and would encourage people to attend. I know that I will certainly be back to try again.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

I have eaten a number of times in this restaurant and it has always been excellent. This year however I felt standards had slipped and the menu was restricted . Service was slow and we had to wait more than 5 minutes for veg and potatoes. The potatoes when they arrived were dessicated and hard , this is unusual for a restaurant that is usually on top of the game. The steaks and meat dishes were still great but had reduced portion sizes. 4 in our party had the squid starter and it was disappointing. It tasted as if it had been fried in old oil. Most of the main courses were up to the high standard we expect from Ta Patrick although the fish courses could have been better.
Our expectations were very high going to Ta Patrick but it has been better.

Reviewed July 5, 2014

Had heard great things about Patrick's and finally managed to stop in last week for dinner. Started off with the foie gras and then had the pork cheeks, while my husband tried the pork belly. All was done to perfection. We agreed the pork dishes were the best we'd ever had. My only regret is that I had no room left for dessert!

In addition to the food and impressive wine list, also have to commend them on excellent atmosphere and overall restaurant layout. Tables are spaced far enough away to ensure a bit of intimacy, music at perfect volume, lighting just right, smart bar in the front, attentive and friendly waitstaff, etc. Patrick himself came out to check in on us at one point, and he really seems to take a lot of pride in his food and the experience of his diners, and it really shows.

Reviewed July 3, 2014

Service was great but it was a quiet night so not sure how it would be on a busy evening. Warm welcome, drink in the bar whilst browsing menu. Small but interesting menu, large wine list but we were only drinking by the glass - nice local wines. Food was very nice but nothing outstanding and the service was good. Complimentary drink offered and taken. All in all a very pleasant evening. Local taxis seem overpriced into Victoria from hotels so beware. Take the bus when available as it's a total bargain. I'm not a skinflint but I object to paying a similar price for a 5 minute transfer from St Lawrence to Victoria as I did for a transfer from Gozo ferry terminal to San Lawrence. No idea what's going on with the taxi monopoly in this area?