“Excellent food with scenic view”
Review of Maji Wine & Dine - CLOSED

Maji Wine & Dine
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 2, 2013

This restaurant is pretty hard to find, just a single doorway and little signage.
We ate on the rooftop terrace which has a great view over Victoria/Rabat and over a good piece of Gozo, I wouldn't recommend sitting indoors at all, partly because you miss the view and partly because of the heat during summer.
I had the barbecued squid as a starter (normally a main) followed by the Lampuki which is a local fish. The squid was possibly the best starter I have had for quite some time, served with a light sweet chilli glaze. The Lampuki was well cooked and well presented, was nice enough but I wouldn't repeat it - not the restaurants fault, that's just what the fish is.
A good selection of Maltese wines at very reasonable prices - a good Chardonnay for less the €15 can't be bad.
Not quite fine dining but pretty close and very pleased to have visited.

1  Thank michael186311
There are newer reviews for Maji Wine & Dine

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Wowsers! What a lovely restaurant!

Keep your eyes peeled for a single doorway on your right hand side, with a set of marble stairs leading up, as you approach the main square from the West.

The first floor bar and seating area is warm and inviting but you really want to head up to the roof terrace for stunning views of the surrounding villages and countryside. We happened to get there at sunset and the view and overall atmosphere were so impressive that frankly we could have been served cheese on toast and would have left happy!

The food was rich, tasty and reasonably priced. The wine list is extensive, but as I know little to nothing about wine, I stuck to an ice cold Cisk.

Our maître d' was efficient, unobtrusive and friendly.

The restaurant loses marks for the background music (around five tracks on loop, one of which including bagpipes!), but neither this, nor the powercut that struck at the end of our meal could spoil an excellent dining experience.

Go and eat up that view right now!

1  Thank MrPeebs
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Over the years I have been to many fine dining establishments throughout many of the countries renouned for their culinery prowess such as Italy, Spain and France and now I am conviced after eating at this hidden gem located in the town of Victoria (Rabbat to those of native tongue) that Malta now has the right to be amongst those ranks!
The combination of equisite food, impeccible service and superb rooftop views of Victoria ensures that I will continue to visit this resturant every time I find myself on the Island paradise that is Malta.

1  Thank Nessnes
Reviewed July 9, 2013

lovely place service is very professional the food is just fantastic i nice place to spend a evening

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Very nice restaurant although blink and you miss it . Once you locate it go up the stairs you will not be disappointed. Four of us dined and were the only people while we were in eating so service was quick and efficient. The menu was small but had a nice variety of meats and fish. We all enjoyed our starters and the mains were tasty and well presented. We will definitely return before our holiday is over.