“One of the top 2 restaurants in Marsaforn”
Review of Arzella

Arzella
Ranked #4 of 50 Restaurants in Marsalforn
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Scenic view, Kids, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Brighton, United Kingdom
“One of the top 2 restaurants in Marsaforn”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Brilliant food and service from a restaurant with great views of the harbour.

When we visited this restaurant over 2 years ago we were really impressed with the quality of the fish and the friendly service, This holiday it was just the same as we remembered, and a must for anyone visiting the resort.

• Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Valletta
“A fish-lovers heaven”
Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

With a superb view - overlooking the sea - and a menu packed with fresh fish, you will be spoilt to choice. We left the waiter to recommend starter and main course and were not disappointed with his 2-person platter combinations; all fresh... all well presented...and all mouth-wateringly delicious.

Visited October 2013
London
“One of the Best”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

My wife and visited Arzella during our stay in Marsalforn. The owner and staff very welcoming and attentive, we picked dishes from the daily specials, our starters of Risotto and the Pasta of the day with seaford was superb. Our mains was freshly caught Lamuki and Swordfish which I must say was fresh and perfectly cooked, the best I have had in a long, long time. We had a long chat with the owner who is very passionate about using local produce. Overall extremely good value for money, as the wines are not to expensive. Ooh and the views is good also as it is a little higher than the other restaurants. Well worth a visit when staying in Gozo.

London, United Kingdom
“Best spaghetti vongole”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Recommended by Maltese friends of mine that come here often.
Arzella make one the best spaghetti vongole I've ever eaten. Home made, slightly irregular spaghetti, good consistency of the vongole oil/sauce, great garlic taste and perfectly cooked vongole.
The other dishes were very good too, so would definitely recommend.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Joanne166
Kenmare, Ireland
“My first port of call when in Marsalforn”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I'm delighted to be back again in Marsalforn and my first port of call for dinner was the Arzella. Despite being a single diner, waiting staff gave me the option of a table on the sea view terrace or within the restaurant itself. Knowing how popular the Arzella is, in particular on a Saturday night, I was happy to take a seat inside. Sure enough, in the course of the evening the restaurant was almost full to capacity, this being the best testament to the superior fare offered by its kitchen.
It's Lampuki season and sure enough, the Special's board listed Lampuki Pie which I ordered. I did have to wait 40 minutes for the dish from point of ordering but when it came, the delicious pie filling, the crust baked to perfection and the portion size more than made up for the wait.
For those readers interested in pricing: My meal of a complimentary Bruschetta, the Lampuki Pie, an orange juice (bottled), a coffee and a brandy came at the reasonable cost of 17 Euro.
As always, service staff was friendly and refreshingly, gorgeously, entirely male. Unfortunately, my waiter forgot my initial drinks order despite the restaurant not being busy at the time. Hence, this time, only four stars. That doesn't mean, though, that I won't be back. :-)