“Amazing service and food”
Review of Il Gabbiano

Il Gabbiano
Ranked #9 of 59 Restaurants in Marsalforn
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 17, 2019 via mobile

We had a lovely dinner with impeccable service and delicious food! Excellent location. Will definitely be back!

Date of visit: May 2019

Reviewed April 15, 2019 via mobile

The atmosphere, first ,second and the desert where all the perfect match to make it a wise choice to which I would surely return and recommend to my family and friends.

Reviewed April 13, 2019 via mobile

Walked by, I’m sure many wonderful restaurants on Marsalforn Bay, along the waterfront. I like to chose a restaurant by the ‘flavors’ in air when I walk by and even with competition of salt air, Il Gabbiano drew us in. Nice greeting by the staff woman (who could have been owner or family) based on her enthusiasm. Tables are perched on a terrace a couple of meters above the sea. We were told of the selections of the day, including homemade ravioli, which we were invited to the kitchen to see being made. Ended up with a lite lunch of the best grilled calamari, but even better was the warm, homemade breads with in house churned butter - eh gads. Sea salt from island salt pans . I don’t write many reviews, but had to share this. Wish I knew the ladies name who served us - she was a charm

Reviewed April 3, 2019 via mobile

I was there few days ago around noon. Restaurast garden was totally empty without quests, so we took a place in one of tables. I asked waitress " could we order just coffee" she said that this table is only for guests that want to eat... If we wanted to dring coffee there is some banch next to the restaurant, not table... Really?? What a rude political of place, I would understand this if restaurant would be full, but noone were there and we wanted to dring coffee in 15 minutes... Not nice treating guests.

Date of visit: April 2019
roseanneh2018, Manager at Il Gabbiano, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2019

Dear Agata

We are a small run family restaurant with very limited seating. Our tables on the terrace are set up from advance for our dinners as we are a Restaurant and mainly tables are booked in advance so we highly recommend booking.

Then if you like we have small very comfortable brunch’s with bursting view of the whole bay which one and chill and enjoy there coffee’s beer etc for as much time they want.

If one day you decide to revisit us it would be our pleasure to be at your service and we promise that we’ll do our utmost so your visit with us will be memorable one.

We apologize if we have offended you in any way, obviously that I not our intention.

Thanks you and best regards
Roseanne Hili
Restaurant Manager

Reviewed March 31, 2019 via mobile

We had lunch here and it was just amazing.
Great location, just out of the bustle at the very end of the bay.
Great service and amazing food.
The inside of the restaurant is well done as well, very clean and modern.
Truly amazing food, such a shame we found it on our last day.
Will definitely return.
A must visit if you are on Gozo.

Date of visit: March 2019

Thank you for visiting us and taking time to write this review. We hope to see you in the near future till then take care.

Best Regards