“Excellent Food, Excellent Sea View, Attentive Service”
Review of Il Gabbiano

Il Gabbiano
Ranked #8 of 52 Restaurants in Marsalforn
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I can't recommend this new restaurant highly enough. We visited at the end of August for a lunchtime beer on the terrace and returned the following evening to see if Il Gabbiano delivered on its promising menu - it more than did. Fresh well cooked food accompanied by a great bottle of red wine (which our waiter decanted without question - nice professional touch!) along with views across Marsalforn Bay. It makes a nice contrast to the pizza and fish restaurants which the rest of the resort has to offer.

1  Thank LuisePrice
There are newer reviews for Il Gabbiano

Reviewed September 5, 2013

The location is lovely, they have a rooftop terrance but we were down by the water which was fine. It's a little away from the main centre and on a windy day might not be a good idea but the food was good and we would go back

Reviewed August 27, 2013

We had a lovely meal on the terrace of il Gabbiano. There is a wonderful view across the bay, partcularly from the terrace. The food was excellent -we had prawns and salmon. The salmon was the biggest piece I had ever seen on a plate. It was beautifully cooked, very tasty and was served with crab mashed potato which was delicious. I took half the salmon home and had it for lunch the next day. I don't think you need potatoes and vegetables if you have this dish. My husband had the prawns in Pernod and thought they were very good too. It's worth booking to get a table at the edge of the terrace so you can see the lights of Marsalforn reflected in the bay.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Yesterday, we as a family went to celebrate our grandson's 3rd birthday. H e and his parents and siblings were visiting us. and chose here. I had watched it being built earlier this year as I have the pleasure of living in a nearby village to Marsalforn. I also know the restaurants near and about here.
I cannot praise this restaurant too highly, for welcome, attitude, service and most of all, the food!
Absolutely magnificent, a superb fusion between the Gozitan and the Italian.
Thank you so much.

And to the person who said this place was terrible? I suggest that they review on the basis of food and wine not simply because they wanted to sponge off someone's WiFi connection.
You should also be more culturally aware.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Hello fellow foodies, have lived on Gozo for 11 years and we have some very good restaurants here, but they are much the same...........so listen to what I am now going to tell you.
Il Gabbiano is NOT the same as the generic restaurants on Gozo.....this is a unique restaurant, fronted by people who obviously have a passion/ love for food and who want to offer a 5 star dining experience for the masses.....at prices everyone can afford.
Forget about the money( I would pay double)........firstly the setting is beautiful whether you are a family looking for a day to remember, or a romantic couple who want to soak up the perfect setting for a meal....this is the place to go.
The chairs are so comfortable and the service is perfect...you are given a 'work of art' which is the menu, and every dish you read about makes your mouth water and you crave more.....I found it difficult to choose, the menu was perfect(daily specials as well) but that is what makes you realise this is a place to eat fresh, honest food....beautifully presented.
We went for the seafood platter to share.....Oh my God....it was exquisite....prawns coated in a nutty satay sauce, crab shells , with a delicate crab filling, BIG mussels, plump and lightly cooked in Thai herbs...then the salmon.....dill flavoured melts in your mouth...I could eat it every day of the week,
Delicious bread...and olive oil.....cannot fault a thing!
Then we went for the thai fishcakes, with rocket salad...fresh lemon
, and a tangy dip.......the portions are perfect.....and the wine list is a list to suit
every taste and budget,
We we offered dessert, were full, but when I go for an evening meal, I will try their desserts....they did give us a lemon.sorbet, on the house
which..was awesome!
This restaurant has only been open for 2 months and they need to promote, it, but word of mouth is the best advert...so please listen to my review, and I promise you will have a day/night to remember.
I am going back tomorrow to have the fresh fish, or else I might go for the freshly made pizza......see ..........................something for every palate.
ENJOY!