“A real family feel!”

Bubbles Dive Centre
Ranked #1 of 13 things to do in Marsalforn
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Gozo's most caring dive centre. We care...about showing you the best diving, about the marine environment, about quality and safety, about customer service and about having fun.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A real family feel!”
Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

I have dived at Bubbles for two years now, paricipating in a course each time. I have no hesitation in saying that I have enjoyed every single dive to the maximum. There are a variety of factors that contribute to this: for starters, the sites themselves are always stunning in Gozo, but often there are other divers present, I was impressed with the instructors ability to somehow consistently find there right time to dive, when there were fewer divers around. But what I have been most impressed with is the friendly feel that everyone presents you; from the moment you walk into the shop you are greeted with a surprising arrays of "good mornings" and "hello's" its a wonderful feeling and you can see that they care. It has done my social skills the world of good, as well as my diving skills!

1 Thank Charles C
Donna_at_Bubbles, Owner at Bubbles Dive Centre, responded to this review, August 31, 2014
Hello. Thanks so much for the lovely review. We love it when we have customers return to dive with us and well done on completing your Advanced Open Water course. It's a pleasure to have you dive with us and we look forward to seeing you again at Bubbles.

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great dive centre”
Reviewed August 10, 2014

I was returning to diving after ten years and did a couple of dives with the Bubbles team. Ali in the office was very helpful. Instructors (Becky and Dan) did good safe briefings, maximum 4 divers in a group, kit was good quality and reasonably priced. If I go back to Gozo I will dive with them again - no need to look elsewhere.

Visited August 2014
Hello and thanks for your great review. I'm really delighted you enjoyed getting back into diving and I hope that you come back and see us one day so we can show you lots more of the fantastic diving Gozo has to offer.
Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
“"One of the best experiences EVER"”
Reviewed August 9, 2014

My two daughters (age 14 and 12) have just successfully completed their junior scuba dive course at Bubbles dive centre in Marsalforn, Gozo and described it as "One of the best experiences EVER". From the moment I booked the course, after some very helpful e-mails from Donna regarding which courses we needed, the Bubbles experience was ideal! When we arrived in Gozo we went straight to introduce ourselves and were made to feel very welcome by Ali and Petra. The girls had to go back the next day to watch some introductory videos and then the day after that they started their course with Bernadette. Me being an over protective Mum was worried how they would get on being whisked away from us to a different bay, but I didn't need to worry, just them in the group, and although a little apprehensive about the prospect of diving deeper, were looking forward to the next day. Dan and Petra were their instructors for this day and they brought them on in leaps and bounds, and by the end of this second day they had completed all the elements required for the scuba diver course. They came back absolutely buzzing - Thanks to all at Bubbles Ali, Petra, Bernadette, Dan, Donnna and Dave and all the rest who spoke and made us feel really welcome and made this a very memorable holiday. I fully recommend Bubbles, and if we come back to Gozo I know where the girls will be heading!

Visited July 2014
Hello and thanks for writing such a fantastic review. I'm so pleased your daughters thought learning dive with us was 'one of the best experiences ever' and I really hope we get to welcome them back at Bubbles in the future.
Denmark
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Friendly dive centre”
Reviewed August 1, 2014

We did our Padi AOWD training with Bubbles in July 2014 and overall we are very happy with the experience. We would definitely recommend Bubbles to anyone diving in Gozo. 4 of the 5 dives were great and deserve a 5 star rating. During those dives Dan gave excellent instructions and made sure that we also had great diving experiences during the training. He was extremely competent and friendly. Unfortunately, the first dive (with a different instructor) was a huge disappointment. We were asked to do our peak performance buoyancy training in the habour, which is usually fine. However, on that particular day it was crowed with jelly fish. We were in shorties and expressed concerns before entering the water. The instructor told us that it wouldn't be a problem in the water as the jelly fish were only on the surface. During the 60 min. dive we stayed at only 2-2.5 meters of water surrounded - and getting stung - by jelly fish. Maybe the jellyfish distracted us but the instructor on this dive seemed less competent and less interested in giving us a good experience than Dan. We realize that the dive centre cannot control when there will be jellyfish but they could at least have given us a more honest pre dive briefing and/or offered us to postpone or relocate the dive. Donna, David, and Ali are all super friendly!

1 Thank HLH_dk
Hello and thank you for taking the time to write us a review. I'm sorry that your dive experience for your Peak Performance Buoyancy dive was not up to our normal high standard. We always check dive sites carefully for jellyfish so I was very disappointed and surprised to hear what happened to you with the jellyfish as this situation has never happened with our customers before. As you know we took immediate action to avoid this happening again on your subsequent dives and I'm really pleased that you enjoyed the rest of your course.
Wantage, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Thoughtful and Caring Operation”
Reviewed July 29, 2014

We really liked Bubbles. Both my teenage daughters completed their Open Water Referral over the first couple of days of our holiday, then we were able to dive together later on. Small groups and a high ratio of Instructors / Dive Masters to paying guests meant that everyone had a good experience which was tailored to their level of experience. The Bubbles culture is friendly and welcoming, and we were well looked after by Donna and Ali from the moment we booked (by email), then subsequently by the whole team when we were diving. I thoroughly recommend them and when we go back to Gozo we will definitely book with them again.

Visited July 2014
Hello. Many thanks for your brilliant review. Diving in small groups means that we can tailor diving to individual customer requirements and I'm delighted you enjoyed your time with us. We look forward to seeing you again at Bubbles.