I live on Gozo (ex-pat aged 65) and I am a fairly experienced diver but like to have the comfort of being organised by a professional operation. I have tried a number of the diving operations/schools on Gozo. None has been bad and most are good, but Bubbles sticks out as the one for me. This review is based on 30 dives with Bubbles over whole of the summer of 2013.
The owners (David and Donna) clearly understand that a viable business means you have to meet your customers' needs while ensuring they remain safe and only dive within the limits of their capabilities. There are larger diving organisations on Gozo but Bubbles have achieved a size of operation and selected staff so as to create an atmosphere where newcomers seamlessly become part of a "family". For me the main plus points are:-
- safety is clearly paramount yet not oppressive. There is no "gung ho" attitude
- staff are all good English speakers and know their jobs. With 3 Instructors(this year)and a few Dive Masters there is a great balance of experience and personality which means everyone from first timer to old hand is catered for in an appropriately sensitive manner
- within weather limits and the limits of training programmes and experience, you dive to your own desired programme, not theirs.
-they are strict about limiting dive groups to ja maximum of 4 customers at a time
- they seem very reliable and cope with the inevitable organisational hiccups admirably
- vehicles are good and well maintained
- good equipment
- they do all the heavy work (lifting and washing gear) to allow you to focus on your diving while having a holiday at the same time
- they are active in promoting care of the marine environment
- they are now a PADI Instructor training centre if that takes your fancy
- the weekly "customer nights" (a pizza get together) work well to provide fun and camaraderie
The minus points are - none really. They do not carry a huge range of diving equipment for sale but can order and get it very quickly, and there are other places to buy in Marsalforn in any case.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.