“Excellent Dive Master Training with a great, caring and very competent instructor!”

Bubbles Dive Centre
Ranked #1 of 13 things to do in Marsalforn
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Gozo's most caring dive centre. We care...about showing you the best diving, about the marine environment, about quality and safety, about customer service and about having fun.
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Wow, where to start! When I think back of my time and diving with Bubbles, the first thing that comes up is: "I've had the time of my live, it's the very best thing I've ever done for myself!".

I would like to point out the only poor review that Bubbles have on this page. That the guy missed the ferry and therefore the first dive that was planned for him is really only his own fault. It is so unfair to write a poor review on Bubbles page, when all they did was to meet his needs and wishes; even with a special planned 2nd dive in the afternoon. I hope people will look through fingers with that review and trust the many excellent reviews instead - including this one!

When I arrived, Donna took me in right away and told me everything about Bubbles concept; where the most important part is caring about customer service. And I must say that they do! Donna planned the days based on customers needs, wishes, pick-ups ect. As many of the other reviews make clear, the Bubbles staff (and the customers) IS a family.

I've done a few courses with Bubbles, all of them I've been so lucky to do with Dave as my instructor (on many of the courses I got one-to-one training). First, I did my Deep Speciality Course, which can really be recommended when diving on Gozo and Malta! I also did my Enriched Air Speciality Course and the Wreck speciality Course, which I had a lot of fun doing! Then I did my EFR course and the Rescue Course, which Dave managed to make very realistic and fun! From all the courses I've done I feel that I got the best training which all have made me a good and experienced diver (who of course still have a lot to learn!).

As soon as I started my Dive Master Training I knew that doing so with Bubbles (and Dave as my personal instructor) was exactly right for me! My training was done properly and completely after the book and Padi Standards which means that I now feel I've become a great Dive Master with a wide angle of qualities for taking care of customers while diving. Much of the training was even "more" than I actually had to do, which only made me even more confident. I know people who have done their Dive Master Course at different dive centers, where they have had many different instructors, they have not done much diving, and they never helped out or did some of the demonstrations with students. Not nearly as properly trained as you will be at Bubbles.

As an instructor, Dave is the best! Even after having done lots of diving with him, he is very caring. Never have I felt unsafe while diving with him. He is very competent and always ready to answer any question I had - if it was a translation or just a question about the diving theory. Dave managed to make the training both fun and realistic. He also let me help out a lot on the courses, so I was never just left in the back doing nothing. Helping out and actually doing stuff to help the students opened my eyes of what a Dive Master must be able to do and what problems I have to be able to deal with.

I will warmly an completely honestly recommend diving and doing courses with Bubbles at any time.

I will definitely be back next summer - maybe to do my Instructor Course!

From a true Viking who will come back to invade Bubbles ;-)

2  Thank NCAViking
Donna_at_Bubbles, Owner at Bubbles Dive Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

Hi Nana. Thanks for your brilliant review. We had great fun with you during the summer and we know that you will be a great Divemaster. David and I are delighted that you achieved so much whilst you were here and we're even looking forward to the Viking returning next year!

Reviewed October 16, 2012

With all thanks to Bubbles Dive Centre i have just achieved my PADI open water diver qualification. Throughout the duration of my course i found all the staff to be warm, welcoming, friendly and willing to help me with any queries i had about diving or any other information about the local area. The dive sites they took me to were beautiful and it was an amazing experience to be able to dive in these locations. The instructors were very patient with me and made me feel in safe hands on every part of the learning curve which gave me the confidence i needed to complete my course.
I would highly recomend Bubbles Dive Centre and i cannot thank all the staff enough for their efforts to help me gain this qualification.
After returning home a couple of days ago, i am already planning to visit Gozo and Bubbles Dive Centre next summer :)

Donna_at_Bubbles, Owner at Bubbles Dive Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

Hello Holly. Thanks so much for taking the time to write a brilliant review. I'm so pleased you enjoyed your Open Water course and diving with us and we look forward to seeing you next year (and hopefully even sooner!).

Reviewed October 15, 2012

It gives me pain to write a negative review for Bubbles, which on a hindsight proved that I planned it badly considering the transportation from Malta island.

Consider this, if you are staying in Malta (even close to the ferry like St Paul's bay - Bugiba ), it takes you an 45 mins by bus ( which is once every 30/40mins ) and then a 30 odd mins ferry ( which is once every hour ). Once you reach gozo by ferry, you have to wait for a bus to malsalform which is again once every 50 mins or so or take two buses. In short, if you are travelling to Bubbles by public transport from Malta, you are doomed.

I was on a short stay in Malta and based on the tripadvisor review, I scheduled to be with Bubbles. I missed the 7:30 ferry by a wisker and hence had to wait for 45 mins to get the next ferry to gozo. That means I couldn't make it to there scheduled morning dive.

When we reached it was too late for the morning dive and i had to accompany another guy who was taking his scuba review for a sad dive around the malsalform bay. Though Doona was helpful, the entire experience was very forgetful.

Another sad part of the episode was that, when I called up and told that I am running late, they told me that they would schedule a 12 o clock first dive and then a 2:00 start of the dive for Azur window. My 1st 12 o clock first dive got over around 2 pm and the 2nd dive had not started by the time i decided to call it quit at 3:30. So though Doona is helpful, they try to be helpful, I got the feeling the feeling that they are not strict about the timing and try to get you adjust to their own schedules.

Hence, if you are at Gozo, I would certainly recommend to use their facilities. If you are staying in Malta Island, I would recommend you to avoid them.

3  Thank Couple_in_loveII
Donna_at_Bubbles, Owner at Bubbles Dive Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Hello. Thanks for taking the time to write a review and for recommending diving with us. I'm really sorry that you missed your ferry and therefore missed out on the great diving that other customers do, including those who base themselves in Malta. As you know we were ready to pick you up from the ferry but by the time you arrived all of our dive team were out with customers. When you arrived at the Dive Centre you told us you had made plans to be elsewhere mid afternoon - had I known this in the morning I would've happily re planned the day's diving to accommodate this. We tried to help as much as possible and offered you the dive in the bay which was the only option available when you arrived. After your first dive you mentioned you would be flying the following afternoon and due to local safety regulations (diving prohibited 24 hours before flying) we would not actually have been allowed to let you dive even at the original dive time of 2pm. As you can see from the other reviews we do our very best to be flexible with our customers. I hope that you will come back to see us again so we can show you the great diving our customers’ experience.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

I love Gozo since 2005. Since this I only dive here in Mediterranean. This, how I found my best place to dive on holidays every year! And now I found the best people to do it. David, Donna, Chris and Graham, and Nana. They’re not only right people to dive with. They just nice right ones. They’re just my friends now!... I’ll be back soon :) !!! Thank You so much! Arthur, Ireland, Oct. 8, 2012

Hello Arthur. Thanks so much for writing a great review. We had lots of fun diving with you and of course, you are still our 'champion' diver - doing more dives than anyone in any one diving holiday! (I hope you received the photo of you and Irina by email). We look forward to seeing you back at Bubbles and please say hello to Irina for us.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

I went to Gozo on a family vacation, and never expected to end the week with the Open Water certificate. The only reason I decided to go for the course, and fight my anxiety with diving, was because of the staff at Bubbles. Of all the places we went to talk to in Marsalforn, Gozo, there was never a doubt, that Bubbles was were we got the greatest wipes. So much personality and warmth in one place, is not easy to find. After a few dives with Dave and Nana, I started to feel relaxed in the water and ended up having the time of my life, at the bottom of the sea! I was more scared than ever, when i first got in the water, but Dave made it work for me, and I never expected to feel so good about diving, as I did at our last Dive with Dave and Nico. Can´t wait to get back to Bubbles and Gozo to dive, so beautiful, so amazing, so much happiness, and such a great time - i'm a new person after this experience! The "after work" drinks and talks we had with the staff, just made it all even more intense and fun.

Donna_at_Bubbles, Owner at Bubbles Dive Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Hello Sanne. We are really pleased that you enjoyed learning to dive with us. You did great and I'm sure you will have many fantastic dives in the future. We look forward to seeing you and the rest of the 'family' again here at Bubbles.