“I enjoyed every morsel”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Menqa L'Antika - CLOSED

Menqa L'Antika
Cuisines: Mediterranean, European
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Nestled in the picturesque fishing village of Marsalforn on the tranquil island of Gozo, Menqa L'Antika awaits you to savour authentic local and Mediterranean gastronomy with a modern flair. Chef patron Gordon Camilleri, has created an exciting menu using the islands' tasteful and freshest produce. Carte du jour includes antipasti, fresh pasta, fish and shellfish, tender beef cuts, flambe dishes and homemade desserts. Thanks to our extensive wine list, every dish can be paired with that wine to create a fine art. Attentive service, exceptional food and a relaxing ambiance make Menqa L'Antika ideal for romantic dinners, families, friends as well as larger parties.
Island of Malta, Malta
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I enjoyed every morsel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

I had been wanting to try Meqa l-Antika for a while sine the decor appealed to me. I found the time to do so last weekend with my husband and we were not disappointed. We thought we would be visiting one of the many eating places for another ordinary meal but we the food here was superior to any others around. The tastes and presentation of each plate showed a dedicated team that gives attention to detail and is knowledgable on how to combine ingredients. The service was courteous and friendly. We enjoyed our first visit so much that the next day we just headed towards this restaurant when we felt hungry. Again we enjoyed every morsel. Well done.

• Visited February 2013

Hereford, United Kingdom
“Good food in very nice location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

Very clean restaurant overlooking the harbour Very nice internal
decoration Well presented three dips with Biscuits (free of charge)
Very large portions on main meals with fresh local vegetables Superb coffee and very nice wine list.The staff were first class

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Bobtheciderman
Stourport on Severn, United Kingdom
“Great mix of tradition and modernism”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

Two adults and three children for lunch at Menqa L'Antika, the food was excellent. The ballotine of chicken stuffed with pumpkin risotto was so delicious that I'm still thinking about it.... and it was my wife's dish, the carpaccio of tuna was faultless and the children's pasta well all their plates were empty.
Chocolate mint ice cream for the kids( not the green stuff) and chocolate chilli ice cream for the grown ups.
Very nice bottle of Gavi de Gavi to wash it all down. Were going back next week for an evening meal.

• Visited October 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Another fantastic experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

We took some meat eating friends to Menqa L'Antika and they were bowled over by the variety and quality of the food. Wild boar I understand they eat, my veggie lifestyle left me to choose a pasta dish with aubergines which was just lovely. The really great thing about this restaurant is the variety and quality of the food. Having been in Gozo for about four months, pizzas and ordinary pastas become boring, here you get really great flavours and lovely cooking.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Acoode
“Different in a good way!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012 via mobile

Saw some mixed reviews but was so intrigued by the menu we went anyway! We were not disappointed. The food was great the service was really friendly even when I asked to change the white wine as it really wasn't chilled they did this pleasantly with apologies. I tried rabbit for the first time ever and would recomend it! A definite return visit is in order.

1 Thank Redsrambes