“Ta Pennellu stands out on the Marina” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ta' Pennellu

Ta' Pennellu
Ranked #18 of 48 Restaurants in Marsalforn
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
“Ta Pennellu stands out on the Marina”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

If you wander along the marina front there are wall to wall restaurants and bars, Ta Pennellu stands out because they have taken the trouble with linen table cloths and flowers on the table, my wife says there is a woman in charge?? well whoever is in charge has done a great job. The staff are attentive and friendly and engaging

We sat by the sea wall under a sun umbrella that was lit and the atmosphere was delightful.

My wife had a rack of lamb (20 Euros) whereas I had a more modest Penne Marinara (7.75 Euros) both were delicious ....I did get to taste the lamb, my favourite red meat, it was excellent

We will be going back, go you'll enjoy it

• Visited October 2013

London
“A bit disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

This restaurant was our first in Marsalforn , we choose it because of the lovely location on the main prom over looking the sea. My starter of mussels was a bit disappointing, the shells were large but the mussels very small, dry and dark in colour which suggested they had been re heated. the main of slow roasted pulled loin of pork was just an over cooked chewy chop. My wife choose a prawn cocktail which again had tiny small shrimp instead of large prawns as detailed and the rose marie sauce lacked flavour, her main course was catch of the day which was dry and again over cooked. My wife at the end of the meal was quite fuming and turned down her complimentary drink just to get away form the place. I will rate this as poor because of the cost / value for money.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Good food good service unless Xaghra Festival!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

We had planned to go to another resturant but came upon Ta Pennelli fish looked very fresh plenty of choice. The service and meal were very good so decided to book for the Saturday evening what a difference in the service although still very pleasant they struggled to get meals for the customers this was due to staff attending Xaghra Fest! this is in September once a year maybe it could be planned better, do hope so as it can put paying public off going there. Beautiful setting very resonable.

• Visited September 2013
Toronto, Canada
“A Favourite!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

I stopped by this restaurant relatively unexpectedly. I had been planning on going to my usual haunt, Pebbles, during my stay in Marsalforn. But, the fish out front caught my eye! So, I thought I would make this my last meal in Gozo before having to take the ferry back to Malta.

I was really glad to have made that choice as I really enjoyed this restaurant very much! This is actually an ideal place for couples, as it has a nice feel to it.

First of all, the restaurant is in a lovely location, right at the seafront. It has an outdoor terrace and an indoor dining room. The owner himself was present; I believe that he also does much of the cooking.

Before my food even arrived, I received a complimentary appetizer, which was simple and delicious! Traditional Maltese bread drizzled with olive oil and balsamic vinegar and fresh local sheep's cheese...the melt-in-your-mouth type. Loved it!

I ordered the traditional Maltese fish soup as a starter (aljotta, I think, in Maltese). It was perfectly delicious...fresh flish and flavourful. Thinking about this food right now makes me hungry :)

For my main, I ordered the small portion of spaghetti marinara (I did not go with the large portion, as I find that the mains in Malta are very generous, and I do not like leaving food on my plate). As I expected, the portion was perfect for me. And the seafood, again, was totally fresh...the mussels are amongst the best that I have ever had!

Overall, I was in heaven eating here!

I also had a coffee and a glass of wine alongside of it. The bill did not come out to too much...about 15 euros. Well worth it for a wonderful dinner, nice service, and lovely atmosphere!

I highly recommend this restaurant and the service of its charming owner!

• Visited July 2013
Milan, Italy
“I won't return to this restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

unfortunately it wasn't maybe the right evening... staff made us wait for a long time, fish wasn't well-cooked. we didn't like this restaurant

Visited August 2013