“Great food”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We ate here recently while on holiday. We have been to Gozo a few times and have never tried this one. We had my favourite meal of the week and all our meals were great. Free garlic bread and then bread with our meal of red snapper, it was served with lovely potatoes and vegetables. We didn't have desert as we were too full!! We will be back in Gozo in a few weeks and we will be visiting again.

There are newer reviews for Ta' Pennellu

Reviewed April 15, 2013

We went for lunch at first just to kill some time, the menu looked OK. We only wanted a snack so ordered an omelette, nothing fancy. So I was very surprised to get a free starter of two slices of local bread with garlic, tomato base & meat. I asked for a small salad with the food which turned out to be a massive plate then they sprung chips on us. All in all it turned out to be a bit of a feast, I had a pint of Cisk, my wife had 1/2 and it all came to just over euro25, I left 30 because there was so much.
During conversation with the owner I asked if he could prepare us a local meal one evening, we went down the following night, 6 of us. My kids had chicken burgers which they wolfed down, with loads of chips, two of us shared local rabbit which was cooked very fresh that day in a great orange sauce. My mum had fillet steak & wife had rack of lamb. Again we were all stuffed and just had room for coffee, the price was good but what made it was the special attention you get, the staff/owners were very friendly and helpful.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

First visit to Gozo, and to this restaurant, what a pleasant surprise, excellent food, very friendly people, good prices, great view, what more can you ask? Will return to Gozo and to the restaurant.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

having visited quite a few restaurants in Marsalforn this was a new one to my family this year, and we were rather pleased with our find. Having said that members of our party found their omlettes a little on the dry side - but the special lamb rack was lovely!

Reviewed August 27, 2012

We thought that we had been to every good restaurant in Marsalforn but it's apparent that competition is getting everyone to up their game.
Nicely situated overlooking the bay and good service with the chef coming out to explain several of the dishes to us. I would loved to have said great service but with three errors in the order (OK, it was a large order but getting the order right is a pretty important part of the job).

The food was very good with a wide variety of fresh (VERY fresh) fish and some excellent alternatives to the Gozo 'standards'. Really well seasoned dishes, fabulous salads and superb sweets seem to come as standard. We spent a very happy evening at Ta Pennelu and I am positive that we will be back for more of the same.

I must also mention an excellent choice of local and international wines, again lots of help and recomendations available.