“Best in Marsalforn”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 11, 2012

This is now our firm favourite restaurant in Gozo. We live here and have tried most of them. It took us a while to try it as we were a bit suspicious of seafront restaurants.... How wrong we were. Anthony, chef proprietor is passionate about food - he really cares, a true artist in the kitchen.Truly remarkable are his steaks..... add a glass or two of his father Andy's home made red vino , a platter of home grown organic vegetables.....wow. Just the best. Fresh fish are another specialty ,not frozen or farmed., Freddie, who runs the restaurant is friendly and kind - its just a terrific mix of professionalism, fabulous food, and a really welcoming ambiance. The prices are sensible and fair - to be honest, I can't wait for our next visit. Please try it - really really haute cuisine at affordable prices.

There are newer reviews for Ta' Pennellu

Reviewed July 25, 2012

Went there on second day in resort for a quick lunch - would normally have eaten there for a couple of evenings but was put off by the service - wifey ordered mozeralla salad - waited for a bit then told would be 1 Euro 50c more as they only had buffalo mozeralla left - I mean 1 Euro 50 - we would have left far more than that as a tip - Didnt enjoy the experience at all - the food was ok - not briliant, not poor, but average.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

Last week was my second visit. Both times I left with a smile on my face. I went with a few friends, and the chef took our order. He described the specials, and I changed my mind twice before choosing because each dish he described sounded better than the one before. I ended up having the cerna ravioli, followed by lamb ribs. The ravioli were really nice, but the lamb ribs were simply fantastic.

The chef came between each course to check that everything was to our liking. The only thing I must say about this place is that the service is not of a high standard, but comes with more of a homely attitude.

All four of us thoroughly enjoyed our food! What a great experience. We were offered a coffee and digestive, obviously on the house. I highly recommend going here.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

Excellent food and value here. My husband said he had the best steak he'd ever had in his life here and the home brewed wine was excellent. Everyone was really friendly and we were delighted to be presented with a couple plants to bring home after conversations about the local agriculture. We now have an unknown bulb and a growing loquat tree!

Reviewed June 20, 2012

we were absolutly very friendly invited and received in the restaurant.
the food was prepared as promised and in agreement with our wishes.
the whole evening was absolutely in good harmony and atmosphere.
we came back the other day, and were very happy to have the same experience of the day before: friendly, very attentively served , and the fish again was splended.recommanded to everyone who likes to eat something more than normal.