“Service not brilliant - food ok”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Ta' Pennellu

Ta' Pennellu
Ranked #19 of 49 Restaurants in Marsalforn
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Torquay, England
“Service not brilliant - food ok”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

Went there on second day in resort for a quick lunch - would normally have eaten there for a couple of evenings but was put off by the service - wifey ordered mozeralla salad - waited for a bit then told would be 1 Euro 50c more as they only had buffalo mozeralla left - I mean 1 Euro 50 - we would have left far more than that as a tip - Didnt enjoy the experience at all - the food was ok - not briliant, not poor, but average.

• Visited July 2012

• Polish first
Vancouver, Canada
“Great tasting food from a passionate chef”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

Last week was my second visit. Both times I left with a smile on my face. I went with a few friends, and the chef took our order. He described the specials, and I changed my mind twice before choosing because each dish he described sounded better than the one before. I ended up having the cerna ravioli, followed by lamb ribs. The ravioli were really nice, but the lamb ribs were simply fantastic.

The chef came between each course to check that everything was to our liking. The only thing I must say about this place is that the service is not of a high standard, but comes with more of a homely attitude.

All four of us thoroughly enjoyed our food! What a great experience. We were offered a coffee and digestive, obviously on the house. I highly recommend going here.

• Visited July 2012
Peebles, United Kingdom
“Views of the bay and friendly service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2012

Excellent food and value here. My husband said he had the best steak he'd ever had in his life here and the home brewed wine was excellent. Everyone was really friendly and we were delighted to be presented with a couple plants to bring home after conversations about the local agriculture. We now have an unknown bulb and a growing loquat tree!

• Visited May 2012
Brussels, Belgium
“excellent, up to us :the best restaurant of the bay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2012

we were absolutly very friendly invited and received in the restaurant.
the food was prepared as promised and in agreement with our wishes.
the whole evening was absolutely in good harmony and atmosphere.
we came back the other day, and were very happy to have the same experience of the day before: friendly, very attentively served , and the fish again was splended.recommanded to everyone who likes to eat something more than normal.

• Visited June 2012
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Where to eat in Marsalforn Gozo”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2012

My wife and I have just returned from a week in Gozo . One of the highlights of our holiday was dining in Ta Pennellu which we did every night after we dscovered it. The food was excellent Nanna's home made Ravoli was my favourite. We both enjoyed the fish my wife especially enjoyed the Turbot .The service was excellent and the chef took time to speak to everyone regarding their meal, the free bruschetta and complimentary drink after dinner was much appreciated. After a visit to Ta Pennellu I doubt you would eat anywhere else or get better value for your money. Highly recommended.

• Visited June 2012