“Truly Impressed”

Cuisines: Italian, Steakhouse, Fusion
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

Varied menu, delicious food, attentive staff and lovely ambience .. can't wait for my next visit to sample another food item.

Reviewed December 18, 2013

Unlike the previous two reviews (who one should note only have one review to their name...) I found this restaurant to be a gem. First of all, the staff at hand were extremely polite and professional. They knew the menu and also cleaned the fish perfectly. The menu itself offers a good selection however they also have a number of specials on the day which I recommend asking for.
We went there on a Sunday for lunch without a booking. However we managed to get a table. With regards to the food I opted for the rabbit liver which was good (although not pink as indicated by the waiter) and the tomato reduction served with it was even better. My wife went for the Arancini of the day which had fish inside them, Dot to be precise. These were fantastic since I also tasted them.
For mains my wife had grilled fish whilst I had the veal saltimbocca which although cooked differently from the Rome version, it was good and tasty.
The wine list is vast and offers a vast variety, albeit limited on the half bottles section.
Will definitely visit again

Reviewed December 15, 2013

First of all they should fire the young half-dead Italian waiter who just about whispers some form of English. First impressions walking in there were negative...the ceiling fans were filthy and some of the decorative plants were dead. But the worst part of it all was that I was served rotten duck. The duck breast was green. I asked the manager to send it back to the kitchen and he came back saying that the duck was fresh, not old and that the meat only turned colour after sauce was added to it. I would like to point out that the sauce was a red berry reduction...if anything the meat should have turned red, NOT green. But most importantly, the duck and the sauce were not even cooked together, they were cooked and served separate. Ridiculous excuse for serving rotten food. I was offered a replacement, which I refused. I will never go back. Shameful.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

I honestly had to go back to my phone to make sure that this was the same restaurant that was so well reviewed on Trip Adviser.
We were a party of 10, booked in on Saturday evening. The place was half full.

How shall I start: Fish soup was really nothing special. Rather bland and grainy. The young semi-conscious Italian waiter who couldn't speak a work in English or Maltese dropped the soup all over my friends trousers and returned shortly with “dry clean “spray and a damp cloth. (you could imagine how his trousers looked after that.) I opted for homemade calamari and prawn tortelloni. They could have been made at a place called “home” but the filling was tasteless and the sauce was a slightly more concentrated version of the fish soup of my GF. We have eaten frozen tortellini a which have tasted better …
As a main course, we mostly ordered a Eur22 or 24 Beef fillet which although divine was worryingly small. My GF ordered duck breast and asked for it to be cooked medium rare. It was served 5 min after all mains were served and it came plated, medium to well done. The underage girl who was serving us, who refused to speak English, took the plate to the kitchen only to come out 2 min later (still speaking Maltese) saying that this is the only way the chef will cook it! Shocking!! She did not order any replacement. After we all decided to leave ASAP we got a Eur350 bill and was not even offered any coffee, liquor or at minimum, a sincere apologies for this massive FAIL.

Overall: Keep your butcher a secret or you might as well close down.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Food to die for.....Excellent presentation.......Professional service.......Mouthwatering desserts...... Beppe's has it all. Well done guys!