“Top of our list!”
Review of La Trattoria Restaurant - CLOSED

La Trattoria Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 16, 2014

You will need to book in advance to get a table on the front side of the restaurant to enjoy the view. But it is well worth it! The waters are the owners, so the attention to detail is second to none and the service is unrivalled. If you want the best steaks in Gozo, this is the place to have it. A venue that you can spend all night in.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

The service is like one of the best restaurants, and the waiters/owners are really nice. They don't forget the water, bread or salt like other restaurants in town! Service is a bit slow but they seem to cook everything on demand, so it takes a little time.
The food is good and not expensive at all, plus they serve free antipasti! Had I known the Il-Kartell was that bad, we would have been to La Trattoria again!

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Tried to go to La Trattoria a few times during our 2 week break on Gozo as it was rated number 1 on trip advisor in marsalforn.We finally managed it on our final night ...and it was worth the wait! The night was wild and windy with the med crashing most sea front restaurants but the trattoria is se5 back and raised above the promenade. The place is family run and the service is informal but very attentive. After drinks we ordered fish stew and marrow and bacon soup,duck and whole seabass for mains with a bottle of house red.The soup was absolutely to die for,while the stew was good,it could have packed more of a punch.The house red was pretty decent and accompanied our dishes well. Mains were good with the seabass and duck cooked well along with the veggies and there was just the right amount of interest from the staff.We shared a decent Tiramasu and enjoyed a final drink.The bill was €67 with complimentary tuna and bewn pate appetisers, which need their own mention...top notch,just wish we could have visited earlier ....loved it

Reviewed October 8, 2013

We stayed in Marsalforn for 2 weeks over Christmas 2012 and had a fantastic holiday. We had
booked into the Calypso for the duration on half board for one of those weeks, which was 1st class. This enabled us to sample the restaurants around the area. La Trattoria was by far the best.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

I had the pleasure of enjoying an early dinner at La Trattoria tonight, before the restaurant got too busy. The restaurant is located between the promenade and the harbour, therefore being an excellent location for people watching as well as having a lovely view of Marsalforn Bay all lit up after dark.
Even as a single diner, I was seated at the balustrade of the outdoor terrace instead of hidden away somewhere at the back of the restaurant. Throughout my meal, service was friendly and attentive, without being overbearing. La Trattoria calls itself a family-run restaurant and it did give that impression, for all the right reasons.
The a la carte menu is extensive but I was more than happy to choose from the day's freshly caught, local fish which was presented for inspection. I was able to order my chosen fish with my exact preferred side dishes - always the sign of a good restaurant.
Having opted out of a starter, I was given a complimentary knibble of garlic bread and crackers with a very tasty, surely homemade tuna fish and bean paste. When my fish arrived, it was cooked to perfection and entirely enjoyable. Dessert, too, was delicious with just the right amount of coffee flavour rounding off my portion of Tiramisu.
For those readers interested in pricing: My complimentary bread & crackers, my main dish of filleted sea bass with rice and a nice side salad, a pint of orange juice (bottled), a coffee and a Tiramisu, followed by a complimentary Limoncello added up to 26 Euro.
Whilst enjoying my meal at La Trattoria, I observed that quite a lot of potential patrons decided against dining here after having perused the menu which is displayed at pavement level, just below the outdoor seating area. Whatever put those people off, dear readers, don't make the same mistake and give La Trattoria a chance. You will not be disappointed.
In case the Refalo family are reading this review, you may decide to discuss my above observation amongst yourselves. Whatever causes all those people to pass you by instead of turning in, if you could figure this out and sort the problem, it would be for your benefit.