“Good place for fresh, well made pasta dishes”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of La Trattoria Restaurant - CLOSED

La Trattoria Restaurant
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Bath, United Kingdom
“Good place for fresh, well made pasta dishes”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

had some lovely pasta dishes with a group of friends - we all felt the food was good and appreciated the bread,biscuits and dip that comes with an order. We came on a quiet night so we definitely ended up being the loud group in the corner after a few beers - not the cheapest place to eat out in marsalforn by any means but certainly worth the price (10-12 euro at least for a main portion, which is quite large!)

Visited March 2013
1 Thank 364PhilM

Balzan, Malta
“Good - But does not deserve such a high ranking”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

My wife and I chose to dine here last Saturday solely on the strength of the reviews we read. To be honest it is quite rare for Tripadvisor to get it wrong however in this case it most certainly has.
First of all the restaurant itself is badly in need of a refurbishment and also the lighting needs to improve since the darkness tends to lend to a sombre atmosphere which is not enjoyable in the least especially when there are only three tables which are occupied.
The staff at hand are very friendly and try to make sure that all patrons are as comfortable as possible.
The food is good, but nothing spectacular, especially for a restaurant ranked so highly. The menu is limited in choice and for starters my wife and I opted for the seafood pasta which was good however the addition of curry was slightly off putting. For mains I opted for the frilled calamari which I asked to be cooked in a plain manner however they came out with a balsamic reduction on top whilst my wife had fresh gurbell which was very good.
The price on the night was pretty good with the total meal (including wine and water) coming to 60 Euros, however my personal opinion is that I would prefer spending a bit more in order to have better food.

1 Thank Trevordg
“Great food and very friendly.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

This was our favourite restaurant in Marsalforn. Lovely atmosphere, tables on the terrace, delicious food and we appreciated the complimentary appetisers. Highly recommended!

1 Thank Nyree2012
Swindon, United Kingdom
“Nice friendly welcome”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

We turned up on a cold dark night and were warmly welcomed into a quiet and cosy restaurant.
The choice of food was good and reasonably priced.
I chose the Prawn and Marrow Risotto - tastes better than it sounds.
My partner chose Gnochi with spicy tomato sauce - the portion was generous and the sauce was spicy.
We also had a half bottle of local wine, again all good quality.
We would definately visit again.
The one down side with this and a lot of other restaurants on Gozo is the presence of a TV. This was tuned to childrens TV ??.

1 Thank DudleySm
“Good food and service...ON THE WHOLE”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

This is an excellent restaurant with friendly service and great food. However, I visited with my pregnant wife who asked the waiter to keep the door closed to stop the cold night air and she refrained to do so because the people (about 6) on another table asked her to keep it open. To add insult to injury, when it was their little child who complained about the cold, the waiter obliged so it was their word against that of a helpless pregnant woman.

2 Thank krowm